My Suv had a heart attack, too much Bacon? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Yes and it looked like oil, poured like oil, and if someone wasn't paying attention to smell it could easily trip them up. Now the blame shifts to WMT, which many of us have been saying for a while.
wink.gif

Yeah I'm thinking maybe it was a deliberate prank by some loser who thought it'd be "funny" to mess up someone's car. That would explain the precise way a seal could've been tampered with almost professionally. I used M1 15W50 in my Z religiously when I first got it and never had any issues with it.

Such a shame.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Yeah I'm thinking maybe it was a deliberate prank by some loser who thought it'd be "funny" to mess up someone's car. That would explain the precise way a seal could've been tampered with almost professionally. I used M1 15W50 in my Z religiously when I first got it and never had any issues with it.

Such a shame.

Unfortunately there are people that have a mean streak or are just screwed up in the head and might pull a stunt like that.

Just went to Walmart, experience was ehhh... The cashier floor manager was nice and tried to figured out what happe, told me the product usually pulled from the shelf for online pickup. And returns are sent back somewhere. Took a few minutes for the store manager and AST mgr to come but they were not helpful. Stated they are a vendor and issue is with the manufacturer. And told me to fill out a form...a generic customer incident form that looks like if a customer got hurt in the store. The store manager was around for less than a minute and left me with his assistant. Both stone face and said or indicated no tracking of the order. Both did not care to look at my pictures or video. All they said is someone would follow up on the form.

I bought a couple more cleaners and on my way to HF to pick up large pipe cutter.

Last edited:
You know all the time spent trying to get us involved and the conversations back and forth, I coulda had that motor clean and either running and onto the second change, or grenaded and looking for a good used motor ...

Originally Posted By: Jooksing
93crusier, I am surprise you are telling me I should not contact XOM. I understand the chances are against me. But if you open a bottle of Pepsi and it turn out to be only water inside... would you call Pepsi? I will see what Walmart will say but My hopes are not high for them either. I bought the oil in April. I will be surprise if they still can tracking something like that.

So far I disagree that you said XOM is off the hook. I see no evidence of tampering and since I pour it in myself straight from the bottle I know that it came at the bottle that way. No point in really arguing this. I can agree that that stuff is not normal M1 as shown by the UOA. Hopefully XOM can do a more in depth analysis and give some insight (I know that XOM will prob not release results to me)

I am not looking for a payout here (car is worth 8-10K) and its not reasonable to me to "lawyer up".

Z06. I am still waiting on my mechanic...But I sent XOM the form back and pictures so far first since mechanic is taking long. The water/coolant is what they told me in the beginning that made me worry about a head gasket problem. With my UOA I know it is not now.

XOM is not your first point of contact. Where you purchased it is. XOM has a contract with walmart to sell, you have a contract from walmart since you purchased there, you have no contract with mobil at this point. Until it is proven Walmart is not responsible, you need to focus on Walmart. If Walmart can prove they are not, and the oil was like that when they received, then you and walmart go after XOM. Problem is, they can't prove that.......

If Walmart knows when I purchased my battery, and can track that, why can't they track a bottle of oil? And if not, that sucks, but that is still where you purchased it so you start there. If I got water instead of Pepsi, I would go back to the store I purchased it at, give it back, and get the product I originally wanted. No, I would not contact pepsi, for what? Thats the stores problem, up to them to resolve. They wouldnt even contact pepsi, they would realize a customer or employee screwed with it, and proceed from there. If you purchased milk at the foodstore that was sour before it's date, do you go back to the store or go to the farm where the cows are?

Watch what you post, the way you write is taking the blame off walmart, and XOM, and placing it on yourself. First, are you a bottle sealing expert? Doubt it. Second, yea we all look at the seal, but did you put it under a microscope to 100% verify not opened? Get a bottle sealing expert to verify it was not opened prior to use? Did you taste the oil? Do anything to actually tell it was or was not oil? No, you didn't, no one does. We look, and we pour. So for you to say it was not tampered with, and factory sealed, can not be proven since it has been opened. Can you prove someone does not have a bottle sealing machine? Can you prove anything? No. Sorry, not being a jerk, just stating facts.

I really hope Walmart can track it as a return. If so, you have nothing to worry about and they would be held responsible. Whether or not you want to lawyer up or not, 8-10k is 8-10k. I don't think you even would need a lawyer if a return. I hope things work in your favor.

Some people wanted updates and want me to contact WM. I want a quicker resolution myself.. but waiting on the process with M1 and mechanic.. maybe I need to look for another mechanic... A couple of shops I spoke did not want to teardown an hybrid car.

In all honesty, going to the local Walmart store manager, asst. manager, etc.. is likely never going to get you anywhere when it comes to this kind of thing. You need to either:

1 - Contact corporate about the issue, explain the rampant issues of people returning oil jugs with who-knows-what in them that just get put up on the store shelves without any verification of contents, and then go into detail regarding the impact upon customers, as well as the damages that it has caused to you and your vehicle. Advise them that, since they are selling the product, it is their responsibility to insure what they are selling is what they are delivering, as well as the consequences of their failure to do so.

2 - Contact a lawyer, and have THEM chase down Walmart.

3 - Do option #1, via email, and CC your lawyer and/or your state's Attorney General.

If it were me, I'd start with option 1, and if that didn't result in a solution that I felt was fair, I'd move on to option 3.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
In all honesty, going to the local Walmart store manager, asst. manager, etc.. is likely never going to get you anywhere when it comes to this kind of thing. You need to either:

1 - Contact corporate about the issue, explain the rampant issues of people returning oil jugs with who-knows-what in them that just get put up on the store shelves without any verification of contents, and then go into detail regarding the impact upon customers, as well as the damages that it has caused to you and your vehicle. Advise them that, since they are selling the product, it is their responsibility to insure what they are selling is what they are delivering, as well as the consequences of their failure to do so.

3 - Do option #1, via email, and CC your lawyer and/or your state's Attorney General.

If it were me, I'd start with option 1, and if that didn't result in a solution that I felt was fair, I'd move on to option 3.

Thanks for the advice all. I do not want to get stuck on who is at fault WM or XOM. I understand my chances are slim against both. XOM states a warranty, WM does not. Since I filled paperwork with both I will see if either will pan out. Lawyers will cost me $300-2000 upfront. That's more than I am willing to do right now. I want to give you guys technical updates but it seems like of you wants me to stop. You make me for someone crying for attention. You guy are long time members and I am not so perhaps I do not know the etiquette here and I am sorry for that.

Side note. HF large pipe cutter is 1/2 in too small for my filter.

Thanks for the advice all. I do not want to get stuck on who is at fault WM or XOM. I understand my chances are slim against both. XOM states a warranty, WM does not. Since I filled paperwork with both I will see if either will pan out. Lawyers will cost me $300-2000 upfront. That's more than I am willing to do right now. I want to give you guys technical updates but it seems like of you wants me to stop. You make me for someone crying for attention. You guy are long time members and I am not so perhaps I do not know the etiquette here and I am sorry for that.

You're missing the point. We're not telling you to stop, we're advising you that XOM cannot be held responsible for this because that wasn't Mobil oil in that jug. It may have been a Mobil 1 EP jug, but someone else, at some point, put something else IN the jug. The UOA clearly shows that it is completely different from Mobil 1 EP chemically.

What has happened here, most likely, is that someone, at some point got ahold of the jug, put something in there (my money is on used fryer oil) and then returned it to Walmart, who then put it on the shelf without ever once verifying the contents. At that point WALMART assumed responsibility for the contents. Thus, if you wish to be made right, you need to go after Walmart, NOT XOM.

Now, I suppose, since you have already begun the process with XOM, it won't hurt to give it a little time to see what comes of it, but I warn you not to wait too long or else your window may close.

See if your mechanic guy or the shop he works at has an oil filter cutter. If so, ask if they'd cut open your oil filter.

You're missing the point. We're not telling you to stop, we're advising you that XOM cannot be held responsible for this because that wasn't Mobil oil in that jug. It may have been a Mobil 1 EP jug, but someone else, at some point, put something else IN the jug. The UOA clearly shows that it is completely different from Mobil 1 EP chemically.

What has happened here, most likely, is that someone, at some point got ahold of the jug, put something in there (my money is on used fryer oil) and then returned it to Walmart, who then put it on the shelf without ever once verifying the contents. At that point WALMART assumed responsibility for the contents. Thus, if you wish to be made right, you need to go after Walmart, NOT XOM.

Now, I suppose, since you have already begun the process with XOM, it won't hurt to give it a little time to see what comes of it, but I warn you not to wait too long or else your window may close.

Don't confuse him with the facts his mind is made up.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Don't confuse him with the facts his mind is made up.

Too funny. Pointing the obvious out, from many members, and it still has not sunk in. The guy seems very thorough, knows how to document things, just can't see whats in front of him. Its like the guy whos wife is servicing the whole neighborhood, but yet he's the only one who doesnt know, or doesnt want to believe it.

Yes, XOM offers a warranty, if it's their oil. THAT WAS NOT MOBIL 1 OIL THOUGH.

This thread has become painful.

I am in agreeance with tig1 with this from the beginning. Nothing but a DRAMA filled post to start with.
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!

Dale

Last edited:
Trump had McCabe fill the bottle and Sessions caught him … it was a sting = McCabe.gone

I understand your view on who is at fault. We just do not agree on it. That's fine with me.
Can we not get hung on it. Can we also not bring politics into it.

I appreciate some of the view points and advise for far. I do not appreciate being called a troll or fake.

I know this thread is long and my issue is drawn out. The issue is current and process is drawn out. This oil event is very unusual and some of you are are interested in it. Great! If you think I am a dude who is crying for attention, feel free to let me be. I thought was was do a service to this community as it was doing a service to me. If you want to argue please pm me.

You are either enjoying the attention or are just dense… that’s why I’m so cynical - I sure hope you are not in an analytical or managerial position … this is the saddest drawn out OP in it all the way post in years …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
You are either enjoying the attention or are just dense… that’s why I’m so cynical - I sure hope you are not in an analytical or managerial position … this is the saddest drawn out OP in it all the way post in years …

What a mean thing to say. I consider you fair game for rough handling in the future. Same for a few others that posted in this thread.

It is impossible for that to be Mobil 1 or any automotive lubricant. You got ripped off by someone pouring something back into the jug after they poured the Mobil 1 into their car.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back