My new car has arrived!

Drill holes all along the sides to install aftermarket bump moldings
...then add a triple deck spoiler on the trunk.
...have the side mirrors chromed.
...a low mounted fog light bar up front will enhance the appearance.

just kidding....best of luck with it.

Awesome! Very surprised.

What's the F&F like on the interior? That's been one of my biggest gripes with Tesla, the ones I've test driven, the interior just doesn't do it for me in terms of materials and F&F. Also, the lack of CarPlay is annoying. Also wish they would add a HUD, which would really work well with the minimalist interior.

Free charging at work. Only 30A outlet, but it’s good enough.

D7DA3321-EDEF-4485-8D84-2C23223CCBC8.jpeg

The Aero wheel covers are the best for mileage. Many owners remove them.
Charging at work is a great perk. I talk to owners who say, "I never charge at home."
Heck, around here some job applicants ask if free or subsidized charging is available!

These cars are turbo fun. On Monday I took my 20 year old grand niece, a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, out for her 1st Tesla test drive. Tatiana had this huge smile; I encouraged her to give it some gas. She was blown away and barely touched the acelerator. Next time it will be on the freeway and flick on AP...

Enjoy your beautiful Tesla. I am really tempted to get another... Somebody stop me!
IMG_20191231_140338.jpg

Last edited:
Free charging at work. Only 30A outlet, but it’s good enough.

View attachment 70305
30A gets you about 25 to 30 MPH? I take it you get free charging?
I imagine you will want to charge at home as well. Hopefully your service panel can accomodate a NEMA 14-50 plug...
I paid $600 all in including tip. The 60' of #6 copper wire was $200 alone, I think. A union electrician did it in his off time.

Is yours blue too?

I got center caps and lug nut covers too, but I’m not sure I’ll put them on. I’m starting to like the aero caps.
Yes, it's the same blue. It's a very nice colour. It looked good with chrome trim but looks good with black too.

I have one piece center caps (Tesla OEM) that cover the lug nuts as well. I prefer the alloy wheel look. I'll put my aero caps on for long trips. They supposedly improve the range, though only by a few percent.

30A gets you about 25 to 30 MPH? I take it you get free charging?
I imagine you will want to charge at home as well. Hopefully your service panel can accomodate a NEMA 14-50 plug...
I paid $600 all in including tip. The 60' of #6 copper wire was $200 alone, I think. A union electrician did it in his off time.
We have 3 6-30 outlets at work and 1 6-20. I’ve only ever seen them all full once, usually there’s just 1 car at a time there.

I’m not home but once a week, I live with my grandfather to take care of him. He has a 10-50 outlet on the back porch so I bought a 50’ extension cord for it, I tested it out last night (have to park in the grass :ROFLMAO:) and it works good. Don’t want to ever use it unless really necessary though. Also have a regular 5-15 outlet I can trickle charge from.

I want to do 99% of charging for free at work, because why not? I’ll get a 14-50 outlet installed at home though for the weekends.

I’ll get a 14-50 outlet installed at home though for the weekends.
A 14-50 outlet, 240 Volts with a 40 Amp fuse, is all you really need to charge the Model 3. My charge time for typical daily driving is only a couple of hours. It would be a good idea to order a 14-50 connector sooner rather than later because Tesla goes out of stock occasionally. I bought mine from Tesla as they're fairly obsessive too.

I might have gotten by with only a 120 Volt outlet (and the supplied plug) but I like to be able to charge fairly rapidly.

A 14-50 outlet, 240 Volts with a 40 Amp fuse, is all you really need to charge the Model 3. My charge time for typical daily driving is only a couple of hours. It would be a good idea to order a 14-50 connector sooner rather than later because Tesla goes out of stock occasionally. I bought mine from Tesla as they're fairly obsessive too.

I might have gotten by with only a 120 Volt outlet (and the supplied plug) but I like to be able to charge fairly rapidly.
Yes I bought all the adapters a couple weeks ago to be ready, I have:
5-15
6-20
6-30
10-30
10-50
14-50

Park it outside. 🔥
You forgot:

Teslas are only niche cars for rich California granola heads.
Tesla is going belly up any day now, right? Short that overpriced TSLA!
Wait till the big boys get here!
Tesla is a ponzi scheme
Tesla loses money on each car it sells.
Elon is whack. EVs are stupid.

And yes, as you say, all Teslas will spontaneously ignite given enough time.
Especially on AP...

Just kidding; all good.

You forgot:

Tesla is a ponzi scheme

Especially on AP...

Just kidding; all good.
Plus Scotty says their batteries fade quickly as they age.

Beautiful car...you won't have anything in common with many on here who SAY they will never own an electric car. And also those that drive a cheap beater-and seek them out -which seems to be common on here.

I could see owning an electric car-at least as a secondary vehicle.

You forgot:

Tesla is a ponzi scheme

Especially on AP...

Just kidding; all good.
Let's think about that one.......

Congrats. Say what you will about Musk, these cars are what EVs are supposed to be. I'm a big fan of Tesla.

Take it to the drag strip! Tesla's are hilarious at the drag strip, properly embarassing people like myself.
I will definitely take it to the drag strip. It’s only the base model, but it’s supposed to run the 1/4 mile in 13.1s or so, not too bad. I just need to get a helmet, they require one for if you’re running faster than 14s.

Today is a popular electric car charging day here at work, I took the last spot available.

I was wrong, this spot on the end is a 10-30 outlet, the next 2 are 6-30, and the last one (Ford Fusion Energi Titanium) is using the 6-20

D2E93F46-52FE-47B5-A350-8DEAC87696E8.jpeg

Back