My Mazda delivery today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to work today to serve my Saturday penance and this was how the delivery driver left our Mazda freight. That is an impact bar on top of an engine cradle, on top of a bumper cover, on top of a hood. The hood was hanging over the parts cage. My boss stopped in real quick and we got the parts down. Going to have the body shop the hood was meant for look at the damage and see if they want to fix it, we reimburse their labor, or just re-order. Its annoying that someone cares so little to do this. The hood box even has "fragile" on it.

I don’t think they teach the meaning of fragile anymore. Apparently the delivery driver didn’t have any common sense either.

I recall a home security video being shown on the nightly News of some delivery driver (UPS?, Fedex?, I don't recall exactly which company), tossing a flatscreen TV over a fence onto the person's property. Apparently that's 'delivered'.

There are lots of idiots out there.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I recall a home security video being shown on the nightly News of some delivery driver (UPS?, Fedex?, I don't recall exactly which company), tossing a flatscreen TV over a fence onto the person's property. Apparently that's 'delivered'.

FedEx.

He probably got a promotion for it.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I don’t think they teach the meaning of fragile anymore. Apparently the delivery driver didn’t have any common sense either.

"fra gee lay".. must be french

Originally Posted By: 02SE

A few times I have seen our FedEx guy carrying a box like he is going to throw it and everyone in my department starts in on him. He has been our driver for as long as I have worked here so we know him well enough that he knows we are joking. He said when that happened they had to take classes on what not to do. Our UPS guy will pretend to throw a box, stop midway, and say "wait I'm not wearing purple" then but the box on the counter softly, usually in front of the FedEx guy.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: PimTac

"fra gee lay".. must be french

My thoughts exactly!

Man, that’s one of the best movies. The old man - everybody’s pop.

"fra-gee-lay" Is actually Italian haha. I recently dealt with the same issue on a trim piece for my Tdi, ordered from a local supplier, and it was thrown in a bag with the brake pads, sensors, and rotors. Idiots.

Silly me; I thought you bought a new car.

Out walking last evening and a couple with their BRAND NEW (just returned from the dealership) Mazda CX-9 was just exiting the car. Nice red color.

Nothing stacked on it.......

Originally Posted By: Kira
Silly me; I thought you bought a new car.

Out walking last evening and a couple with their BRAND NEW (just returned from the dealership) Mazda CX-9 was just exiting the car. Nice red color.

Nothing stacked on it.......

I wouldn't be opposed to a Mazda if I had a need for a new vehicle. Their dealer employee purchase plan is very nice.

To be fair the Ford freight has been coming in with no cage, parts just thrown on the ground willy nilly. We got in a fender for a newer Fusion that looked like the semi backed over it. The ultimate best ever was a longblock for a GT-500 that came in standing on the flywheel, it fell out of a FedEx semi on the freeway and they reloaded it standing up.

So as an update, there were 4-5 other Mazda dealers with their deliveries similar to ours. One had a windshield taken out of the box, slammed on the ground, and had brake rotors thrown on top. Apparently the driver either heard he was getting let go, or decided to quit. My boss called to give some constructive criticism this morning and we were assured it wouldn't happen again.

A guy I know ordered some $4000 wheels, I cant remember if it was UPS or Fedex that delivered but but they were thrown over his fence.....

I was selling an unused after market bumper for my previous car to a guy the next state over (6 hours drive) and was contemplating using greyhound freight....Not after a friend of mine (who is a truck driver) told me that see has seen greyhound just tosses boxes around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back