My DNA test

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ancestry.com DNA test gave me surprising results, since my mom is 100% German(born) my dads side is Dutch and German, my results were im 52% Great Britain? the test considers French,German,Belgian,Dutch are considered Western European with no deliniations between countries?

Originally Posted By: Wheel
If your DNA test cost less than around $1500, I wouldn't put much faith in its result.

Almost a dozen of my relatives took the test...some 2nd cousins. Ancestry had no way of knowing we were related. The results are available on line as individuals with no name and address (except as you chose to reveal). The tests tied us together with estimates on how closely we were related. It also you to hundreds/thousands of people who were already registered through their website. I subsequently was able to contact other folks who had registered and got quite a boost in my genealogy efforts.

So don't tell me it is not accurate. I intend to do the 23andme test.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

I could explain it very well in a PM but it relates mainly to the now-debunked 'out of Africa' theory that states that everyone originates there.
23andme sticks to that theory with some of their explanations (I can take screenshots of what they say) and then lays it on really thick.
Here's an article from 2017 regarding a discovery that agrees with what I said: http://nypost.com/2017/05/23/this-fossilized-tooth-might-prove-humans-came-from-europe-not-africa/

The theories you refer to are not credible. I have been reading about paleoanthropology for many many years. The drivel you cite is just that drivel. Don't fall for it.

Thanks for setting the record straight on this issue. It's good to know when I'm wrong, and since you, as a scholar of anthropology of many many years, have called it drivel, then I have nothing more to say.
I hereby retract my posts in this thread and henceforth refer all further questions to Al of Elizabethtown.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Thanks for setting the record straight on this issue. It's good to know when I'm wrong, and since you, as a scholar of anthropology of many many years, have called it drivel, then I have nothing more to say.
I hereby retract my posts in this thread and henceforth refer all further questions to Al of Elizabethtown.

If you are interested these are among the best books I have read in the last year or two. All of them current with the latest of dating and DNA techniques:

"Sapiens" by Harari
"Humans" by Seddon
"Neanderthals Rediscovered" by Hudson

The book you are probably referring to is probably.. "The Forgotten Exodus: The Into Africa Theory of Human Evolution"
By Bruce R. Fenton. I bought it but as I read it I saw it was bogus..I returned it (Kindle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back