My Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Wally today.

I purchased QSGB 5W-20 (on sale), a FRAM orange can PH3600 and a FRAM XG air filter CA10242.

Got it all for $33.00 Canadian.

These will be used on my wife's 2008 Ford Edge AWD that has 170,000 km.

It may be a cheap way to go about maintenance but it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to confess. Those aren't my favorites but you got what you wanted. Your doing your own maintenance and that's what counts.

Nothing wrong with that. I use Napa filters on my 07 Corolla, u might even save on buying ur filters from napa...and get ur oil from wherever its on sale. Proselect oil filter is under 4$ on my car, air filter under 15$.

Not quite the mea culpa. I was expected to read that you're still driving around a Daihatsu Charade or something. ...‚

$33 on maintenance ain't bad and you could easily do worse in your choice of products. Depending on your oci the car may not even notice it.

Nothing wrong with that, but I have different filter suppliers than Canadian Tire. Speaking of confessions, I have actually made special orders for Fram air filters for my G37 since they aren't always readily available.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by KevGuy
I went to Wally today.

I purchased QSGB 5W-20 (on sale), a FRAM orange can PH3600 and a FRAM XG air filter CA10242.

Strange, as the Fram XG (Ultra) air filter should have a "XGAxxxxx" type of part number. I bought an Ultra air filter for my Tacoma a couple days ago.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I went to Wally today.

Strange, as the Fram XG (Ultra) air filter should have a "XGAxxxxx" type of part number. I bought an Ultra air filter for my Tacoma a couple days ago.

I think he's abbreviating. "XG" for "Extra Guard"???

Originally Posted by oldhp
Glad you got your stuff. I thought we might know now where Jimmy Hoffa was.................

Who cares about Jimmy Hoffa... I want to know who DB Cooper is!

Oh no the Fram [censored]!! Engine will fall out within 500 miles!!

Who knew the first letter from each of the words in "orange can of death" would be censored.

Last edited:
Yeah it's gotten a bit over the hill with that stuff.

I will say I got QS HM and a STP oil filter one time... Candidly the QSHM runs quite quiet in my car. I definitely would buy it again.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Never worry about what other people think about your choices.

+1

I went to Wally today.

Got it all for $33.00 Canadian.

These will be used on my wife's 2008 Ford Edge AWD that has 170,000 km.

It may be a cheap way to go about maintenance but it's all good.

You put conventional in the wife's ride and synthetic in yours?
If true, don't let your wife read this. You may see the overnight couch for a week.

The only Fram any of my vehicles ever barked at in almost 50 years, was the Ultra a couple years ago, in my Colorado 3.5. One bad apple in a big basket-full, happens in life.
I like Fram oil filters. I stick with EGs and TGs when purchased.

Most importantly the vehicle is being maintained. Congratulations! Your car loves you. Hopefully many happy miles ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back