My better half just ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler and they told her it could take 6 months to arrive

I was a little shocked to hear a six month estimate. Salesman said since it’s a 2 door it could come in sooner. I checked every dealer in the area and all are at MSRP. It’s her money but I would never pay MSRP for any car 🤷‍♂️. She has never driven anything but Wranglers.

These days getting a car for MSRP is a pretty good deal. However, I understand for most cars you should be still getting a discount when you order. Six months out is not surprising. Tell her to figure it will be eight months, or more. It is easier to maintain a positive attitude that way.

i was lucky to pay just under msrp for my 2021 escalade but even at msrp i wouldn't be all that upset but i wouldn't be happy. Now id be pissed if i paid over msrp but that's getting common now sadly.

We can not at all accept and normalize this. Once we do and they find out that we'll just bend over without resistance they'll never let off. Fight your dealers and don't give them an inch and don't let them get away with thinking they can take advantage. Continue to go to other dealers or just refuse to get new car for a while or haggle again later on.

My daughter ordered 22 Wrangler in Nov and they still don't have a delivery date, they told her by Feb they should have info on the build. She ordered a Pink color. The pic is not hers but you get the idea. :unsure:
f6323fd3ca33b29e36ff391b6044d102.jpg

My daughter ordered 22 Wrangler in Nov and they still don't have a delivery date, they told her by Feb they should have info on the build. She ordered a Pink color. The pic is not hers but you get the idea. :unsure:
View attachment 84084
My first thought on seeing this: my wife routine drives farther "off road" in her Camry than this will ever think of going.

But then my next thought is, I bet this would fly farther off into the woods in a good snowstorm than a Camry, so there's that.

There are plenty of threads on here and elsewhere how bad the new car shortage is. If this isn't enough drive by your favorite "auto row" and see how empty the lots are.

And yes-MSRP is a "good deal" these days.

We can not at all accept and normalize this. Once we do and they find out that we'll just bend over without resistance they'll never let off. Fight your dealers and don't give them an inch and don't let them get away with thinking they can take advantage. Continue to go to other dealers or just refuse to get new car for a while or haggle again later on.
There are signs that the business model has been changed forever. Less "extra" inventory, tighter pricing, etc. MSRP may be the new norm.

Back