Multiple NAPA guys say they're "moving away" from Mann+Hummel??

Federated Auto parts couple years ago pulled away from Hastings oil filters and went overseas for their oil filters.. Napa might do the same thing.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
yeah all the Federated filters are from Premium Guard- not impressed at all. Appear to be the same as the Chinese STP filters. STP have changed to what appears to be Champion & Purolators marked USA & some Mexico...not that Ill switch back but is a good thing

I hear you but that crowd does'nt even realize that they have been buying Mexico and Korean Napa Golds mixed in with USA for some time.
last few 11010's Ive gotten are "Made in China" just checked a few other #'s of cartridges on shelf Ukraine, Brazil, etc Mann is certainly a global supplier! Im not overly impressed with them & slowly moving away...I do really like FULL & Beck Arnley filters for a lot of imports & Hastings for the lions share of domestics, even the AC Delco's seem ****ty these days

Back in 2010-2016ish Napa Gold/WIX air filters were excellent. They reduced the silicon in my 2010 FX4 by half versus a Motorcraft filter. I used them initially in my 2019 Wrangler, but switched to FRAM Ultra air filters for 1/2 the cost and better filtration.

M+H for the win (not).

NAPA was great when they were the only game in town. But the National Auto Parts Association isn’t what it used to be.

Reactions: hrv
most Napa branded filters I’m seeing at work are NAPA “PROFORMER” made in China and they look good.
Yes, Adam, but they’re basically the PG/Prime Guard for around 3X the price at Rural King! The only NAPA oil filters I’ve been running are the Full ones, when I have $5 off (two 7317 sized ones).

I noticed a new development recently. Pictures of Gold oil filters on the main NAPA site have been updated recently. Meanwhile, the NAPA Filters site that is run by WIX still shows old pictures and ProSelect filters, which were replaced by the PROFORMER line a while back.

Here's one example from the main NAPA site and the same part number from napafilters.com.

Interestingly, the first PROFORMER filter I bought said MANN+HUMMEL on the label, but none of them since then have said that. All of them have been marked as "Leak Tested" and have the same date code used on Premium Guard filters.

The only bad thing about AZ is they then "TAKE CARE OF" everyone else! I've been trying to convince them to give me a deal for years, just don't buy enough. (And the fact a lot of their parts are junk doesn't help!)
Agree. Do not, and I repeat, do not, buy anything electrical from AZ. Junk junk junk. Starters, alternators, etc. run…..

Back