Multiple NAPA guys say they're "moving away" from Mann+Hummel??

The NAPA (No auto parts available) store 2 blocks away from my house, closed a few years ago. I tried to do business with them on many occasions, but they never had anything in stock to buy. The story always went, we can order it for you and have in tomorrow. So I guess they came up with a new excuse for not having anything in stock. The last time I went there, they gave the their stock reply about having it tomorrow, to the two customers in front of me as well . I left and went to advanced auto parts which was about a half mile away. Guess who was there when I got there ?. The three of us looked at each other and laughed,as they left with what they came in for. I honestly can't believe napa has lasted so long with their outdated way of doing business.,,,

The NAPA’s in Canada are under separate ownership but just like BC based Lordco, bringing in stuff from a central warehouse is pretty normal. The delivery times depending on what time you put the order in, vary from 24 hours to 48 hours. I don’t mind it as my projects are usually pre-planned. I guess it would be a pain on a daily driver if you suddenly needed a water pump.

There are corporate owned NAPA stores and franchise owners which may be under capitalized.
This. It's a weird business model. I applied a couple of years back to NAPA'S store manager program. It's 18 months and very comprehensive. I was told they try to keep the corporate to franchisees ratio 80/20 from my recollection.

I've talked to several local NAPA franchisees here that have stated that, due to inability to supply enough oil filters, NAPA is no longer going to source the Gold oil filters from Mann (?) Has anybody else heard this too? (No loss IMHO!)
I'll believe it when I see it actually happening. Action is more like black & White writing in paper. It tends to speak volumes as opposed to an individual store "talking". Call up a Napa 500 miles away & ask them the same question. I'd bet they know nothing about it. :LOL:

No loss from my view either if they did though...

They switched the Proformer to Premium Guard so I bet that is the route they will take for the Gold.. so it will probably be better made anyway.
That was my response-they already have the PG Proformer filters (which are VASTLY superior to the recent Silvers), why not bring in the PG XL line for the Golds? Although the "not Made in USA" crowd wouldn't like it... I just wondered how much truth there was in their statement, apparently M&H has been having issues supplying NAPA enough Gold filters since the outbreak of "the disease that shall not be named". And, yes, they are undercapitalized, the NAPA in Alexandria KY that I used a $5 reward on 2 Full filters yesterday has lost half their drop ceiling tiles from the roof leaking!

Federated Auto parts couple years ago pulled away from Hastings oil filters and went overseas for their oil filters.. Napa might do the same thing.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The NAPA (No auto parts available) store 2 blocks away from my house, closed a few years ago. I tried to do business with them on many occasions, but they never had anything in stock to buy. The story always went, we can order it for you and have in tomorrow. So I guess they came up with a new excuse for not having anything in stock. The last time I went there, they gave the their stock reply about having it tomorrow, to the two customers in front of me as well . I left and went to advanced auto parts which was about a half mile away. Guess who was there when I got there ?. The three of us looked at each other and laughed,as they left with what they came in for. I honestly can't believe napa has lasted so long with their outdated way of doing business.,,,
When I lived in Greensboro, NC the NAPA warehouse was up the road in High Point, NC. It also had a store attached to the friont. As a customer, I could get ANY part, no matter how obscure, while I was there. I miss it!

I've talked to several local NAPA franchisees here that have stated that, due to inability to supply enough oil filters, NAPA is no longer going to source the Gold oil filters from Mann (?) Has anybody else heard this too? (No loss IMHO!)
Could care less. Our Napa is worthless. Most stuff that comes back to us for maintenance has a Fram PRO, PROFORMER or or ECOGARD filter.

Back