Mouse in the GTO, Game's ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap traps are not always effective. Mice learn. They become aware.

This is a generalization. There are two kinds of mice; field mice and deer mice (depending upon your area). We have both around where I live. The field mice are more brogue; they're a bit more bold. When they feed, they get right to it. You can catch them with snap traps because they bear down to get the food off the snap trap. Deer mice are more timid; they tinker and toy with stuff gently. They will lick the peanut butter off a trap trigger and never trip it; time after time. I have lost track of the times I've baited traps and found them licked clean the next day. ARGH!!!!!!! And yet glue traps seem to be their downfall.

I don't care about "humane" when it comes to a mouse eating into my classic 1966 Mustang seats, or the wiring in my expensive diesel truck, or making a nest in the air cleaner of my motorcycle. Survival of the fittest. When they inherent the earth, they can make the rules. Until then, I'm at the top of the food chain. I'm perfectly OK with the rodent poison too.

Nice looking GTO!
thumbsup2.gif

That is a beautiful car!

I had one living in my truck my last winter as I don't drive the dang thing. I put poison in there the first time I saw him.

Next day poison was gone never saw the Mouse again.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Snap traps are not always effective. Mice learn. They become aware.

This is a generalization. There are two kinds of mice; field mice and deer mice (depending upon your area). We have both around where I live. The field mice are more brogue; they're a bit more bold. When they feed, they get right to it. You can catch them with snap traps because they bear down to get the food off the snap trap. Deer mice are more timid; they tinker and toy with stuff gently. They will lick the peanut butter off a trap trigger and never trip it; time after time. I have lost track of the times I've baited traps and found them licked clean the next day. ARGH!!!!!!! And yet glue traps seem to be their downfall.

I don't care about "humane" when it comes to a mouse eating into my classic 1966 Mustang seats, or the wiring in my expensive diesel truck, or making a nest in the air cleaner of my motorcycle. Survival of the fittest. When they inherent the earth, they can make the rules. Until then, I'm at the top of the food chain. I'm perfectly OK with the rodent poison too.
Bambi mice !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back