Motus: A new American motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gman2304
The local Indian dealer has started selling the Motus motorcycles to replace their Victory lineup.

Doesn't seem like a guy looking to buy a Victory would even look at one of these.

mst_blue_profile.f2036aa125a8db6ec409.png

mstr_ride_lg.5fe7584722978c7c5939.jpg

An even more specialty market then HD. I can see somebody looking at a BMW bike looking at this as well.
Problem is only 2 almost identical models, none with ABS. All are chain drive.

Still would be a bike that I would probably buy if I had more money than I needed (which will never happen).

Interesting, I never knew about the brand either.

Price is what someone is willing to pay, 30K for a motorcycle is not that uncommon with Indian, Harley, BMW and whoever else.

The question here would be does the performance match the price tag.
I guess the marketplace figures that out.

Ive seen the Motus RZR at glamis running the hills.

It sounds amazing and runs as well as it sounds. I couldn't touch it until my last 240 HP turbo build.

Didn't know about the bikes till now. Pretty sweet but man what a price tag.

The bike seems to have similar weight and performance to my 91 Zx11 that I paid like 7K for.

UD

I rode one last summer. It was okay, but didn't really trigger the feeling of needing to have one. It reminded me of a faster Buell from the late 90's, as I kept banging into the low rev-limiter while waiting for it to really start pulling. With enough seat time I would become accustomed to the low rev-limit, but I don't see myself ever owning one.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
you can buy TWO (2) vfr's from the same price

and it revs 2x rpm
wink.gif

It's not that I necessarily want an engine that revs to the moon. They just talked about how powerful it was, and I kept inadvertently banging the rev-limiter while waiting for it to start pulling like they implied it would. My old hopped-up 'Busa makes it feel like a moped. It was disappointing. Like my memories of my first rides on the Buell lineup in the late 90's. The factory Reps also warned me about how fast they were, but they felt decidedly weak compared to the CBR1100XX I had at the time.

I have a V4 coming that will make far more Horsepower than this Motus. And being a Sportbike, it will weigh far less and handle much better.

But it won't be cheaper.

Of course I hope this Motus will be a great success. If people want an American bike that has some performance, it will certainly exceed the limits of any production Harley or Indian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back