Motor oil ignorance, know it all on Facebook group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Onug
.... I’ve bailed from Facebook twice because I just can’t handle the idiots. Either the friends that overshare or the groups you join and are smothered by hate/idiots/[censored]/all of the above. Just not worth my time. ....

You are so right.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: Onug
.... I’ve bailed from Facebook twice because I just can’t handle the idiots. Either the friends that overshare or the groups you join and are smothered by hate/idiots/[censored]/all of the above. Just not worth my time. ....

You are so right.

I tried it. Actually a few times. Each time I got back into it I disliked it even more....yet was compelled to keep in touch with a few friends. It wasn't worth it. To me it seems like Facebook is nothing more than a LOOK-AT-ME menagerie of show-offs. Most people are just trying to impress others. The politics of the vast majority of the mutton heads on Facebook was also a HUGE turn off.

You only talked about oil ? Good thing you did not dip into politics
smile.gif

The story reminds me of a guy here who is on multiple boards, and pretty much only spews his hate for Chrysler, Mopar, FCA products. While championing Ford and simultaneously ignoring the lemons they've put out.

I've ignored the rants for a long time, but at some point the incessant trolling just reaches a ridiculous level.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Who the heck goes on Facebook? If I'm not watching YouTube, I'm here reading BITOG.
coffee2.gif

+1

I'm on Facebook to keep in touch with family/friends all over the US/Canada. I don't use it for anything else.

As for this... There are plenty of stupid people on both sides. When we stop making it about left/right we might get somewhere.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: shurguywutt
Probably a liberal too
33.gif

On different auto forums I see the Fram is [censored] stuff all the time and Purolator is the best. I try to enlighten them but they think I'm a heretic and want to burn me at the stake.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
The story reminds me of a guy here who is on multiple boards, and pretty much only spews his hate for Chrysler, Mopar, FCA products. While championing Ford and simultaneously ignoring the lemons they've put out.

I've ignored the rants for a long time, but at some point the incessant trolling just reaches a ridiculous level.

LOL!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
People still use Facebook?
I honestly didn't think anyone used it anymore.
every one is on it here. I have people ask me how to find my shops fb page so they can make an appt instead of calling.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Facebook is for the self-absorbed and pucker lipped little girls.

Well that is your opinion based on some type of prejudice you have against it. You can chose to seek out those folks if you want. You can make privacy settings so that only selected people see your posts or your friends. I don't get why people hate it when they know nothing about it. I have around 90 friends who are former fellow employees, relatives, and old HS friends and some present very good friends..one lives in Mexico. I use privacy settings.

Get out much..Obviously not..lol. FB is still growing...You might have missed the fact that every larger business has a FB page. Most organizations, universities,..it doesn't end.

Over 2 Billion users. FB is here to stay unlike any of us.

Last edited:
In a typical Facebook group, you'll see an acknowledged subject matter expert who may very well not have a clue.
When someone from outside the brotherhood challenges that eminence, all manner of outrage ensues.
Here, you have enough folks who actually know a little that any foolish assertion is quickly challenged.

I love Facebook - it's my favorite.
27.gif

I like to see my right and left-wingnut friends go at around election time and it's great to keep in touch with cousins and other people I am glad to keep in touch with, but wouldn't normally, because I'm typically keep to myself, with only a few very close friends.

The thing is, please spew wrong [censored] all the time, and don't want or need to be corrected. Who cares how much Zn an oil has or whether a bearing brinelling will occur just from sitting? Well, we do. If you engage non-BITOG'ers, do so knowing full well that it could turn into a [censored] show and you'll not only survive Facebook, but you'll probably make out OK with the interwebs as a whole.

P.S. My post rate on Facebook consists of maybe sharing a funny picture or commenting on or liking someone else's post every so often. I post actual thoughts maybe once per month or maybe less. I don't need anyone to know where I am, have been, or what I'm doing (my wife takes care of posting pics of the family and kid, anyway, so I can be as non-participatory on Facebook as I want.

Last edited:
Facebook...
Shoot I can't keep my own life together, why do I need to see fake friends not be able to keep theirs together either every day?
Waste of time, energy, and resources.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Facebook is for the self-absorbed and pucker lipped little girls.

Well that is your opinion based on some type of prejudice you have against it. You can chose to seek out those folks if you want. You can make privacy settings so that only selected people see your posts or your friends. I don't get why people hate it when they know nothing about it. I have around 90 friends who are former fellow employees, relatives, and old HS friends and some present very good friends..one lives in Mexico. I use privacy settings.

Get out much..Obviously not..lol. FB is still growing...You might have missed the fact that every larger business has a FB page. Most organizations, universities,..it doesn't end.

Over 2 Billion users. FB is here to stay unlike any of us.

How do you know andrewg knows nothing about facebook? Maybe he has already been down that road and decided it wasn't for him. It is not necessary to have a facebook account to live in this world. And what's sad is that people would rather keep in touch that way rather than actually talking to them in person or over the phone. That's too much commitment and effort for them I guess. And as far as facebook growing goes ... Is that supposed to mean that it's right or that everyone is supposed to follow blindly and not think for themselves? People who are stuck to their phones (using them for everything except talking to people) or computers are the ones who need to get out more and have REAL conversations and relationships with people. It never ceases to amaze me when practically everyone is walking around looking down at their phones and tapping/swiping at them. It's pretty much all you see these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back