Most resilient oil to GDI intake desposits please

short oci's lets say 7500k or a year,to be on the safe side,full syn with noack lower than8 and at least 30 min once a week on the highway.
to summarize.

short oci's lets say 7500k or a year,to be on the safe side,full syn with noack lower than8 and at least 30 min once a week on the highway.
to summarize.
Depends on engine

7.5k a year for some engines will lead to sludge or tossed bearings. My Theta2 is stuck on a filters.

Iffylube was not wrong with their 3k/3m intervals.

NOACK isn't consistent with batches of oils.

I wish my wife's car would even see a highway. Try 100% city driving for 10 years averaging 12mph. Love that traffic, stops signs, and red lights. I average 22mph with my mostly highway commute. Bring back engine timers since odometers suck.

I just change the oil on my Kia optima sxl 2.0 turbo every 4500 miles with Castro euro 0W40 and used 93 octane
The owners manual states to add a PEA fuel treatment every oil change also to keep the high pressure injectors clean. Turbo GDI engines require a more rigorus maintenance schedule, so I set my service reminder to 4500 miles no problem at all for me.I am going to add a catch can and different plugs when I get it tuned and I hope to get some pics of the cylinders and maybe some of the intake.
*PEA fuel treatment ONLY if you do not use Top Tier gas.

I posted that same study many years ago as well. The other interesting thing is that it "shows" GroupI 2 holds IVD at bay better than Group 3 in "Fresh Lubricant" and both 2 and 3 blowing Group 4 out of the water when the oil has been in service for significant miles.

View attachment 40504
*So we should all be using Pennzoil Conventional Yellow Bottle ?

Depends on engine

7.5k a year for some engines will lead to sludge or tossed bearings. My Theta2 is stuck on a filters.

Iffylube was not wrong with their 3k/3m intervals.

NOACK isn't consistent with batches of oils.

I wish my wife's car would even see a highway. Try 100% city driving for 10 years averaging 12mph. Love that traffic, stops signs, and red lights. I average 22mph with my mostly highway commute. Bring back engine timers since odometers suck.
2017 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L non - turbo DI (Theta 2) engine using synthetic 5W30 and also using a 4K mile OCI ... *Why does this engine get LESS MPG (22.5) with 93 octane gas when regular 87 octane gas provides 24 MPG ?

2017 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L non - turbo DI (Theta 2) engine using synthetic 5W30 and also using a 4K mile OCI ... *Why does this engine get LESS MPG (22.5) with 93 octane gas when regular 87 octane gas provides 24 MPG ?

My VW as well...odd but definitely true in my case.

Less BTUs per gallon as octane level increases.
You only need octane when you have detonation or for reduced detonation. For my theta2, summers and when vehicle is loaded is when I benefit.

I get 50mpg with 93 octane in my VW. Its a dog with regular, and with a turbo, I wont every run regular like most clueless consumers.

My theta-ii Sonata is a dog all summer long and runs premium for 5 months of the year to reduce the lack of response. Dont need premium during winter.

*PEA fuel treatment ONLY if you do not use Top Tier gas.
not necessarily,the consecration of cleaning agents is quite low in any grade of gasoline,maybe if top tier fuel is used from day1 it will keep things cleaner better then 87 octane but a proper fuel additive will do the job way better.
if someone is really meticulous he should use top tier on a regular basis and a good pea
fuel additive once a year.
i use the redline fuel additive twice a year because im doing very short trips 5days a week.

Less BTUs per gallon as octane level increases.
You only need octane when you have detonation or for reduced detonation. For my theta2, summers and when vehicle is loaded is when I benefit.

I get 50mpg with 93 octane in my VW. Its a dog with regular, and with a turbo, I wont every run regular like most clueless consumers.

My theta-ii Sonata is a dog all summer long and runs premium for 5 months of the year to reduce the lack of response. Dont need premium during winter.
*Makes sense then - heat & humidity in the summer should benefit the Sonata .

not necessarily,the consecration of cleaning agents is quite low in any grade of gasoline,maybe if top tier fuel is used from day1 it will keep things cleaner better then 87 octane but a proper fuel additive will do the job way better.
if someone is really meticulous he should use top tier on a regular basis and a good pea
fuel additive once a year.
i use the redline fuel additive twice a year because im doing very short trips 5days a week.
*My Hyundai Sonata owners manual states to use a PEA based cleaner if not running top tier fuel ... I use top tier fuel but still use a bottle of Techron (or Gum Out) just before every oil change even though it is a DI engine .

Our TGDI Nissan Juke has been flawless in 120k miles. I Change the oil at 5k with any name brand (or Kirkland) 5w30 synthetic unless it’s a free dealer oil change. It gets a majority of highway/commuting. Always 91 octane top tier fuel.

Back