More semis in the left lane these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2strokeNorthstar
It will end when digital logs are started.

Dumb question: can you explain that?

Thank you

don't they already have digital logs? I thought they had to do that for awhile now, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

don't they already have digital logs? I thought they had to do that for awhile now, but I could be wrong.

Maybe he is referring to some who are in the process of implementing digital logs...

My BIL works for a small operator:
-already on digital logs
-still away from home
-more rested (compared against "fuzzing" before)
-about the same amount of miles driven
-better money (shortage of experienced drivers)
-truck's top limited speed is 72MPH passing or 65MPH on cruise

I think some of the big outfits top at 52-59 MPH, hence the big speed differential between regular traffic and semis/passing semis

Originally Posted By: dblshock
you like to eat and buy stuff?..it's usually delivered to market by truck.

That doesn't give truckers an excuse to be idiots and law breakers on the roads. A lot of truckers feel they can do whatever they want on the road because they are in a huge vehicle.

Digital logs are scheduled to be mandatory by DOT. When fully implemented and enforced drivers can get speeding tickets a week or month later when data is reviewed. There will be no incentive to speed anymore. Now they regularly go 15-20mph over speed limit in CA falsely record time and get extra time off.

For those of us here who live in Western Washington, there is an example of this conflict with trucks vs automobile traffic. South of Olympia where the speed limit goes up to 70mph ( its 60 in the metro), the truck speed limit is 60mph. The number of accidents on this stretch of I-5 through Chehalis-Centralia and down to Kelso and Longview is going up all the time.

Every area has their danger sections of freeway.

I think the right lane is generally reserved for those elderly/texters
Left lane is for drivers
19.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: dblshock
you like to eat and buy stuff?..it's usually delivered to market by truck.

That doesn't give truckers an excuse to be idiots and law breakers on the roads. A lot of truckers feel they can do whatever they want on the road because they are in a huge vehicle.

I've also noticed they're getting about as bad as everyone else with the texting and driving, which is a catastrophe looking for a place to happen...

Originally Posted By: jakewells
I stay in the right lane and run 65-70 and let all the idiots and speeders go around me.

In the big city areas it seems the left lane is actually the slowest lane. I think most people believe the left lane it's going to move faster, hence they all jump into it and just cause it to back up.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
I stay in the right lane and run 65-70 and let all the idiots and speeders go around me.

I do this as much as possible, but I find a lot of the time these speeds end up getting me boxed-in by the semis (moving at slower speeds) and the mega speeders (going faster)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back