Mobil Annual Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Fasttimez
Can someone please link a VOA of the Mobil AP please, I've looked & can't seem to find it, not even using good ole Google.

It’s been posted a couple of times here on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Fasttimez
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If you do 5K drains then AP isn't for you.
Probably no syn oil is for you on such short drains. Waste of money.
On 5K drains, you should probably be going cheap while using an oil that meets whatever specs or certs your engine calls for, although even those might not matter much on such short drains.

85% of my driving is short trips city driving. My first UOA after I dropped the factory fill at 500 miles, I changed it a 5K, so 4500 miles on the oil. My TBN was 4.3, Blackstone suggested running to 7K & doing another UOA. No way would I run an oil out to the limits AP says it can handle, since I short trip so much.

That's a healthy TBN level and would seem to point to a 7K drain interval.
Was there anything else that gave you concern, like moisture, fuel, shearing or oxidation?

Guys and Gals, it is just another option people can consider; no reason to get all snarky about it.
No one here knows what other people's use scenario might be.

Have a kid away @ college with a car for most of the year?
Maintain multiple cars for various people?
Don't like "working for free" in people's ROI on various economics of using this?
Don't like a 10F OC on a cold snow covered driveway?

Then maybe this oil is for you, if not, not a big deal; it might be an oil for SOME people.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdavis
Anyone know what % of tigers blood is in AP? I looked through the SDS' but can't find it unless I'm blind..

Thanks

The same amount Amsoil has in it.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back