Mobil 1 from Walmart-different from anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BalticBob
Walmart buys bulk oil from a huge refinery in China, has it shipped to North America in huge tankers, has it packaged in different color containers (suggesting they are different brands) in a huge facility on the west coast in a double top secret, G-2 classified location. The savings are huge, the marketing is huge, the profits are huge.
Buy your oil from a reputable independent auto parts store, not a huge retailer.

So the Valvoline 5W-20 that I bought at Walmart is the same as the Supertech 15W-40? I would believe you, except I tasted them both and there is no way they came from the same oil tank.

Walmart buys bulk oil from a huge refinery in China, has it shipped to North America in huge tankers, has it packaged in different color containers (suggesting they are different brands) in a huge facility on the west coast in a double top secret, G-2 classified location. The savings are huge, the marketing is huge, the profits are huge.
Buy your oil from a reputable independent auto parts store, not a huge retailer.

Hey, you're back. You got banned a while, didn't you? Looks like almost 6 months, but maybe some of that was self-imposed.

Well at least you're working on the next vacation. Keep it up, eh?

I just noticed that all the XOM oil at WM is labelled "Mobile 1" and the kid stocking the shelves told me those jugs are filtered with a mix of leaked crude and seawater from the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!

;^)

I'll get you a new tin foil hat WITH grounding strap for Christmas

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
5 Quart jugs were Walmart exclusives a few years ago,complete with the Walmart logo on them. Did some kind've patent eventually run out?

It was the 5.1 qt jugs that Walmart sold that were a Walmart exclusive, had the Walmart logo on it and said to return used oil to Walmart.

I know Valvoline jugs had that on them, not sure if others did or not.

Wasn't that Autozone that had what were labeled as "5+ quart" jugs? Now I'm curious!
laugh.gif
I remember my very first 5 quart jug purchases were Mobil 1 15W50 from Walmart in M1's old school shaped jugs.

Edit. I found this:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2339223

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Hey, you're back. You got banned a while, didn't you? Looks like almost 6 months, but maybe some of that was self-imposed.

Well at least you're working on the next vacation. Keep it up, eh?

I was gone for a few months, my double top secret G-2 classified work kept me very busy.
Monitoring oil tankers from China is a tough job.......oops, I said too much already, but I can tell you this......XOM is testing a new motor oil for use in electric vehicles, classified name is Mobil 1.2.5.
The Russians I colluded with wrote in their dossier it will protect electric motor windings for 35,000 miles.
But they also said the Red October had a caterpillar drive, a almost silent propulsion system.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Wasn't that Autozone that had what were labeled as "5+ quart" jugs?
Yes, it was Autozone and not Walmart. I had one and went to exchange it for a different viscosity at WM (without realizing I had bought it at AZ) and the UPC code would not scan.

Sometimes people act crazy on here because, well, they are. But most of the time it is just to get attention because they somehow get an inordinate amount of their self-worth from an Internet chat board. In this particular case I am sure it is the latter.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Sometimes people act crazy on here because, well, they are. But most of the time it is just to get attention because they somehow get an inordinate amount of their self-worth from an Internet chat board. In this particular case I am sure it is the latter.

Maybe I'm crazy, but that may be just what you're looking for......
I got your attention, enough for you to take the time to post a reply.
How is your self-worth working out for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back