Mobil 1 5W/30 04 Toyota 4runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Originally Posted By: crainholio
I bought a poorly-maintained '07 Limited last year as a project, OCIs in the 15K-30K range but run through the car wash diligently.

Minor sludge under the valve covers and timing cover, and a chronic P0016 bank 1 camshaft timing error. Main timing chain was worn and elongated as shown in the pic below, new Toyota chain vs. factory chain overall length comparison.

Replacing the chains and components is a PITA on this engine due to the big timing cover w/ 24 bolts, plus water pump and accessories that have to come off. No gasket on the big timing cover, just a bead of FIPG and a pair of o-rings for the oil pickup and filter outlet. It's been a leisure time project since mid-May and should be buttoned up over the 4th of July holiday.

Wow, what's the mileage? and 6 or 8 engine?

V6. V8s have timing belts.

When I did my headgaskets, I just pulled the engine and did the work on a stand. Not much more work to do it that way, and it gives you more room to work on/position the engine to reach all the fasteners required to do the job.

Last edited:
42541523314_187ae76ff6_b.jpg

Our 2018 TRD Off-Road Premium

Originally Posted By: buster
Nice Dave! How was it off road?

Not bad. We did 4 wheel hi and lo for the rougher parts. Even some crawl control to get up a serious angle. It's sure is a fun vehicle. Really smooth on the highway too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back