Mixing mobil 1 racing 0w30 with say EP 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 4 quarts of mobil 1 racing 0w30 free. Don't want to see it go to waste. Can I mix it with another suitable product say like EP?

Yea I would do 1 to 2 quarts max with the rest regular SN rated oil. Chances are this is just regular Mobil1 with more ZDDP. So don;t use to much at once to safeguard the cat, but other than that it should be fine.

You can, but I would not add over 1 qt. to an oil change since racing oil has little or no detergent.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
Yea I would do 1 to 2 quarts max with the rest regular SN rated oil. Chances are this is just regular Mobil1 with more ZDDP. So don;t use to much at once to safeguard the cat, but other than that it should be fine.

Its a majority, real high group synthetic, M1 ep 30 grade is a semi syn by proper definition.

I say mix away and report back.

Or sell it to someone who REALLY NEEDS IT with a high po engine on short drain intervals.

Originally Posted by blakegeo
You can, but I would not add over 1 qt. to an oil change since racing oil has little or no detergent.

How bout its OVERLOADED with detergent At least it was in 2011

I have some VR1 and been using it up in the wife's caddy for top offs. She uses about a 1/2 a quart per OC. It holds 8 quarts so I don't think 1 quart will hurt it and it is usually only in there a month before she gets it changed.

I have 4 quarts of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 and half a quart of Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 in my Saturn right now. Doing a 5+ hour trip this weekend...

VOA

E7C66B03-0DD4-4EC8-AC47-27751C75636F.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by blakegeo

How bout its OVERLOADED with detergent At least it was in 2011

So the "not recommended for street use" may just be the high zink levels (cat converter killer levels)...is API certification
Listed on the Mobil racing oil?

Vr1 "racing oil" comes in grades with API certification and is very suitable for a full crancase run on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back