Mid range (yet <2000$) scan tool for recent Hyundai's DCT

Hello folks,
We recently picked up a used Santa Fe 2022 2.5T with 8 speed wet DCT. I wanted to ask for recommendations on an scan tool that is sub 2000$ and can do DCT and electronic thermostat operations which is required to change fluids. I have an xtool d8 but that does not cover DCT. Thanks!

A good J-2534 VCI & use Hyundai diag software on a laptop, Assuming you have a decent Windows 10 laptop? It will cost under $2,000.

I'm ordering a CarDAQ-Plus 3 J-2534 from AESwave next week to compliment my Autel Elite J-2534 VCI.

Hello folks,
We recently picked up a used Santa Fe 2022 2.5T with 8 speed wet DCT. I wanted to ask for recommendations on an scan tool that is sub 2000$ and can do DCT and electronic thermostat operations which is required to change fluids. I have an xtool d8 but that does not cover DCT. Thanks!
I just used my scanner which I got for a little less than 500. Renewal is 150.00. You can check any scanner for resets that you need. I have 42 resets. MK808BT Pro is what I have and it shows to do what you want.

A good J-2534 VCI & use Hyundai diag software on a laptop, Assuming you have a decent Windows 10 laptop? It will cost under $2,000.

I'm ordering a CarDAQ-Plus 3 J-2534 from AESwave next week to compliment my Autel Elite J-2534 VCI.
I wouldnt count on the J2534 version of Hyundai GDS actually doing the functions he wants. Their J2534 R2R software is less than functional

I was looking at CarDaq 3 then came across this. It comes with J2534 for programming. Seen a YouTube video of it and seems like a winner although I don't like Launch.

Since you already a D8, why not Email customer service and check to see if the function is available on the D9.

One You Tuber had a D8 corded and was able to traded for a D8bt or wireless: You might be able to do something similar.

Autel is your best bet. For $1000 range you will get something like the MK906BT (or MS version) and I can tell you they have full functionality for all you will need and more.

I wouldnt count on the J2534 version of Hyundai GDS actually doing the functions he wants. Their J2534 R2R software is less than functional

Thanks, Hyundai/Kia seems limited on every scan tool, Figured it had to be better running their software.

Hyundai lists more VCI's compatible for programming than running their diag software which I found a little odd.

Back