Metal roof - resale value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Hi everyone.
My FIL passed away last November, and we have to tear down his house (unsafe). However, he had a metal roof installed about 3 years ago that is in great condition.
First, is there a market for it? And if that is a yes, what do I ask for in terms of a price? The buyer would have to remove it themselves, and while I'm not looking to squeeze every single penny out of it, I don't want to give it away. It covers roughly a 1000 square foot house, shallow slopes.
Thanks in advance!

If it has to be removed it's worth 0 as already mentioned. For 1000 sq ft the cost new isn't that great compared with the effort of removing it and installing it without ANY WARRANTY. Frankly these steel roofs should only be considered by young people who will stay in the house for decades as they last about 50 yrs (o they say) and you don't get anything extra when you sell it.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

[off-topic]
PandaBear,
what was that guy doing?
it took me+myself 6 hours to do a galley kitchen. It was slower because I moved the appliances out of the way, and I break the cabinets down the slow and quiet way out of respect for building neighbors (after 6 PM work)...

With a saw+Big Hammer may have been 1 hour . maybe
[/off-topic]

He was trying to "uninstall" each cabinet. That guy was a fraud that has seen how other people do things but never done it himself. He was also working full time elsewhere without telling me, so he can only come "after work".

If you are in the Bay Area avoid this guy called Walter Bowden aka Greenwolf.

I've bought used metal roofing for a few farm projects, horse and chicken shed. The main problem is the existing holes from the previous building. You have to custom build your roof to match them somehow or you have some major leaks to deal with. This is one reason is should sell dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back