Mercon V in Power Steering..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: engineer20
i see. speaking of transmissions, i have a few questions about the taurus transmission. i notice that when i come to a full stop, before i stop (at low speeds, say 10mph) my rpm naturally goes down, but then it shoots up to about 1500 right before the full stop. it does this most of the time. could this be bad, and would changing the transmission fluid with mercon v help (which brand? motorcraft, castrol, valvoline, as these brands make mercon v) and would changing the transmission filter help, or is this normal behavior?

also, on steep hills, it is normal or natural for your car to slip or back up even wen you're not in reverse or neutral and are in DRIVE? doesn't drive mean forward? i noticed both the camry and taurus slip downhill if you're stopped at a stoplight on a hill and you must accelerate hard to get it started/going or else it will slip and fall, and you must step on the brakes. not applying a lot of force on the brakes, and the car slips, is this normal?

Valvolineaxlife is great and well priced.

What you describes doesn't sound so much like a transmission problem to me but maybe. A timing problem with the motor.

If you have over 30k on your Taurus and have never had your ATF fluid changed, I think you should do it.

ok, so i tried dropping the pan on my 03 camry, but when i did the first bolt (with a socket wrench, extention and 10mm hex) under a jack/jack stands (is it better to use ramps or jack stands, which has more clearance, i didn't have enough room and i messed up and i sheasred the bolt in half! So now, the bolt fell into the pan? did it? Anyways, now, i only half half the bolt that came out and am unsure what happened to the other half. Will this cause major issues? Where can i buy another tranny pan bolt? i went to the parts stores and they said they coulnd't help me out on it

also, i was in an unfamilar area and hit a curb at like 20mph and heard a HUGE noise, but it seems everything is fine, but i'm worried about it, it was a lower mcdonald's curb, should I be fine, or am i done for? i see my rim is a little bent now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back