Mercedes, What's the Deal ??

E Class or higher. C classes are for realtors and PR people out of college trying to impress people. My old neighbor had one of these out of warranty frequently in the shop and interior fit and finish wasn’t Mercedes Benz level.

But it is...a Mercedes. C class and below fit and finish are "Mercedes Benz level" because they are MB. They are just as much a reflection of the company's quality standards as is the S class. So we can say "that's poor execution by MB" but not that "it isn't MB level qualify."

For sure there are folks that appreciate the ride, features, comfort, safety, etc of a higher end Mercedes. But they also make a lot of hay in the market place by selling lessor luxury brands to people that absolutely will not drive anything else (BMW has a similar approach). In some cases it is a matter of keeping up with the Jones, in other cases it is a matter of nothing else will keep me and my family as safe as a Mercedes. In some it is a fear that neighbors will think they are destitute and on the way to the poor house if they were to drive a lessor vehicle.

Brilliant marketing IMO.

E Class or higher. C classes are for realtors and PR people out of college trying to impress people. My old neighbor had one of these out of warranty frequently in the shop and interior fit and finish wasn’t Mercedes Benz level.
Actually I'm a realtor and I drive the E class. It's a mix, other realtors I see either do E or C if driving a Mercedes. C isn't the low end car it used to be, that's the CLA now so the C class has some options now that used to be only on the E class. Now it's mid level instead of low level. I have two of them so I like to mix it up. Sometimes I'm in a grey one and sometimes I'm in a blue one. Some people have no clue and when I show up in the blue one, they say I thought you car was grey and I tell them it's a different car.

Back