Mental Illness And Substance Abuse Increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lockdown has been in effect for less than 3 months. Anne Frank and her family didn't leave an attic for almost 2 years, all the time with the fear of being caught by the Nazis which we know was the eventual outcome. Their situation was something to have to live through. Today's is nothing.

The current situation is inconvenient but there sure seems to be a bunch of snowflakes out there who are experiencing "anxiety" and having other issues.

Sure, a lot of people lost their jobs. When it is all said and done, most will have only been on unemployment for 8-12 weeks before returning to work. Many will have had their medical insurance covered for the first month. If they ran out of money to cover their bills, that is their own fault for not having some savings and better managing their income vs. expenses.

People need to toughen up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
The lockdown has been in effect for less than 3 months. Anne Frank and her family didn't leave an attic for almost 2 years, all the time with the fear of being caught by the Nazis which we know was the eventual outcome. Their situation was something to have to live through. Today's is nothing.
People need to toughen up.

As someone who struggles with mental illness, these types of statements are what upsets me. I was in the military when I was first documented with my mental illness. I no longer consider myself a "weak individual". Alcohol and drug abuses usual go "hand in hand" with mental illness. The "people need to toughen up" comment is classic and made me chuckle. It just isn't as easy as you think.

Dwight_Frye,

I agree with you that lots of Americans are mentally weak and never experienced real challenges in their life.

Lots of young adults will need to be Baker Acted if they are away from their cellphones, Facebook and the internet for more than 24 hours.

Approximately 25% of the current 50 Million folks out of work will NOT return their former jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back