Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner Review

Proper wheel cleaning/detail brushes are not a lot of money.

I conducted my own experiment last summer using 4 of the top wheel cleaners (I think the Meguiar's was one of them), and I determined that washing them by hand just using my normal car wash solution did a better job, so that's how I clean mine...

Last edited:
I conducted my own experiment last summer using 4 of the top wheel cleaners (I think the Meguiar's was one of them), and I determined that washing them by hand just using my normal car wash solution did a better job, so that how I clean mine...
I too find this is the best way but doing the combo of a spray/soak with teh wheel cleaner first, then washing helps make it quicker is about it.

I too find this is the best way but doing the combo of a spray/soak with teh wheel cleaner first, then washing helps make it quicker is about it.
I didn't think using a specific wheel cleaner added enough of a benefit to make it worth the cost...none of them will get the wheels clean without also scrubbing them by hand...

Last edited:
I didn't think using a specific wheel cleaner added enough of a benefit to make it worth the cost...none of them will get the wheels clean without also scrubbing them by hand...
Sometimes they work "good enough" when you want a quick rinse off.

I conducted my own experiment last summer using 4 of the top wheel cleaners (I think the Meguiar's was one of them), and I determined that washing them by hand just using my normal car wash solution did a better job, so that's how I clean mine...
Try cleaning these with only car wash soap.

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

30 seconds per wheel using acid wheel cleaner. Only required a very light brush agitation - car wash soap would have taken a lot longer.

Isn't acid hard on the clear coat? I would never allow my wheels get that bad...
It's not acid as I understand it - clear coat safe. Just need to verify the product.

Yeah, I can get them as clean with car wash, but takes more effort.

After ceramic pads, I will not need to use the wheel cleaner anymore

Not true. The dust is lighter color but still very visible.
Likely depends on the ceramics as I have been running Akebono ProACTs for yrs now and have yet to see/feel any residue on the wheels or tires. Possibly 180+ mph runs help dissipate it at times, but I never feel the need to wash them unless doing the entire vehicle.

Back