MB sprinter 2500 4cyl gasser

My dad is a driver putting about 7-10k miles per month on his 2021 MB sprinter. I'm trying to find him the best bang for your buck oil. Mostly southern states driven and a mix of highway/traffic driving.

We've been putting in M1 5w40 Euro but wondering if there's anything better? We've been doing 7k OCI

Thanks!

With your Dad putting on so many miles so quickly, 7k OCI on M1 5w-40 Euro is waste of good oil. Try doing a UOA at 10k and see how it's doing, then make a decision based on the data.
That's what I told him this morning during the change. I think that's what we'll do. Is there a preferred lab? I know Blackstone is popular. I'm in the states if that matters

Try doing a UOA at 10k and see how it's doing, then make a decision based on the data.
A UOA on an oil capacity of ~10 litres is a waste of $$$. How much more to do a full OC?
UOA are made for industrial/commercial capacities of tens of litres like you find in agricultural and industrial machines
were the oil capacity is measured in gallons, here there is a real ROI.

A UOA on an oil capacity of ~5 litres is a waste of $$$. How much more to do a full OC?
UOA are made for industrial/commercial capacities of tens of litres like you find in agricultural and industrial machines
were the oil capacity is measured in gallons, here there is a real ROI.
This takes 11.1 qts

My dad is a driver putting about 7-10k miles per month on his 2021 MB sprinter. I'm trying to find him the best bang for your buck oil. Mostly southern states driven and a mix of highway/traffic driving.

We've been putting in M1 5w40 Euro but wondering if there's anything better? We've been doing 7k OCI

Thanks!
Personally I would do Mobil1 0W40. It will do better in cold, and OCI wise, I agree with others, just bump it to 10k

MANN, Mahle, and Hengst are OEM filters for Mercedes. Depending on the engine, either of these companies might make a filter for MB. They are top quality and look no further. That goes for air filters, too.
Oh great. That helps! Thank you

A gasser, you say. Surprised it's not running one of the newer oil specs.

Agreed with OCIs as per the book and don't bother with UOAs unless you suspect abnormalities.

A gasser, you say. Surprised it's not running one of the newer oil specs.

Agreed with OCIs as per the book and don't bother with UOAs unless you suspect abnormalities.
The diesels run new 229.52 but this calls for 229.5

Back