Marriage Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
If both of you compete trying to spoil the other one you can't go wrong! It takes both in order for this to work, oh and be prepared for a 75% reduction in your love life!

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Don't marry a beautiful woman. They may leave you.
Of course, an ugly woman may leave you too. But who cares?

There's a song about that...

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Don't marry a beautiful woman. They may leave you.
Of course, an ugly woman may leave you too. But who cares?

Agreed, but its those "in-betweeners" that you really have to watch out for
wink.gif

Advice: dont do it. I see more unhappy married couples than I do happy couples. I recently witnessed 2 guys I worked with make it to retirement age, retire, then their wives of less than 10 years end up with half of everything they worked their whole life for. If I had worked 50 years of my life only to have a short term woman take half of everything i worked for, I would use the other half to hire a hitman.

Not always the womans fault....but in most cases I witness, it is the woman caught being unfaithful

With the women being unfaithful, they wouldn't get half of what you own. No?? Maybe not even a penny. At least that's what I'd like to think.

The "funny" part (this is the humor section) is the courts don't care about marital fidelity. Someone can cheat and still get 1/2 of the marital assets.

However, if you keep good records, they only get 1/2 of any increase in assets.

My ex-wife was unfaithful, and she got 1/2. But only 1/2 of what was added to my 401(k) the cars, home, etc since we married. Everything I had before the marriage automatically came off the table during the division of assets.

Now isn't that funny?

Originally Posted By: hooligan24
Advice: dont do it. I see more unhappy married couples than I do happy couples. I recently witnessed 2 guys I worked with make it to retirement age, retire, then their wives of less than 10 years end up with half of everything they worked their whole life for. If I had worked 50 years of my life only to have a short term woman take half of everything i worked for, I would use the other half to hire a hitman.

Not always the womans fault....but in most cases I witness, it is the woman caught being unfaithful

It's things like this that makes me wonder if I ever should get married.Which brings up my next question. Can a guy stay with a guy and never marry her? There is a word that describes this type of couple but I forgot what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back