Malwarebytes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: vavavroom
Naw it was Malwarebytes. Even after uninstalling it I had to manually remove multiple leftovers that were hard to find. I can't remember with what other software download it came. It's been a year.

Should have used Revo Uninstaller ... clean up everything during an uninstall.

I take it back. My son reminded me it was Bitdefender, not Malwarebytes.

Leaving file name tags on multiple places on your computer is common with many Antivirus software. I've uninstalled several over the years and see file name-remnants of old ones hidden here and there, yeas later.... no big deal.

They are harmless and will not disrupt new applications / downloads. Lastly, beware of false accusations, prior to investing the matter first.

I take it back. My son reminded me it was Bitdefender, not Malwarebytes.

That makes significantly more sense.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Naw it was Malwarebytes. Even after uninstalling it I had to manually remove multiple leftovers that were hard to find. I can't remember with what other software download it came. It's been a year.

Should have, would have, could have - actually, I did try REVO Uninstaller, but it could not detect Bitdefender. While REVO works well for removing many programs, it doesn't work with all. Even though the leftover stuff may well have been "harmless," I wanted the clutter gone. Took me 30 minutes to get rid of it all.

Should have, would have, could have - actually, I did try REVO Uninstaller, but it could not detect Bitdefender. While REVO works well for removing many programs, it doesn't work with all. Even though the leftover stuff may well have been "harmless," I wanted the clutter gone. Took me 30 minutes to get rid of it all.

Revo Uninstaller has always worked great with every program I've uninstalled over the last. 8+ years. If it's listed in Revo, it should be able to remove it. If you tried to remove something before trying Revo, it may not be able to do the removal.

So how did you manually find all the left over files?

Revo Uninstaller has always worked great with every program I've uninstalled over the last. 8+ years. If it's listed in Revo, it should be able to remove it. If you tried to remove something before trying Revo, it may not be able to do the removal.

So how did you manually find all the left over files?

And I am telling you Bitdefender did not show in REVO Uninstaller. I always attempt to uninstall unwanted software with REVO Uninstaller first. It doesn't always work. It does not detect four of my currently installed programs. As for the specifics how I tracked down the leftover bits and pieces that the Bitdefender uninstaller left behind, I know I found some on my own and I did ask one of our tech guys where to look. I do not remember specifics after a year.

And I am telling you Bitdefender did not show in REVO Uninstaller.

Strange ... it shows up in my Revo Uninstaller. I think I have seen a few other programs not show up in Revo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back