Mailing UOA Samples

Too lazy... I just buy the pre-paid shipping ones, even though it probably costs more than me shipping it myself.

Even with multiple cans of used oil, having them mailed separately reduces the chance of human error of mixing up the samples and info sheet you fill out.

USPS Priority Mail is how I ship oil samples. Flat rate means you can pack however many into the box you can and there is no charge for weight.
What size boxes do you use? The smallest Flat Rate box that I've found is this one and postage starts at $12:

The box that I linked in my original post should be able to hold 4-5 samples.

What size boxes do you use? The smallest Flat Rate box that I've found is this one and postage starts at $12:

The box that I linked in my original post should be able to hold 4-5 samples.
I don't see the small square boxes I've been using, they must not offer them anymore. I have also shipped in the flat rate envelopes, which works fine and is cheaper.

I also am too lazy for this. Rather, my time is more valuable than what I would save.

What I can say is Blackstone's prepaid USPS is considerably slower than OAI's prepaid UPS. Typically, I will drop Blackstone samples in the post office drop box on a Sunday and it's usually delivered by the following Friday. I think once it delivered on Thursday. So 4-5 days. OAI samples I take to work (we have a UPS pickup every afternoon). They pick my samples up on Monday afternoon and delivery is always by Wednesday morning (2 days).

I'm mailing from KS. Blackstone is in Fort Wayne, IN. The OAI lab I ship to is in Indianapolis, IN.

I use small boxes that I reuse from other stuff I order online, small boxes that are just big enough for 1-2 boxes, ship with first class mail (since it's under 13 oz) and it's only around $5 postage

I just sent in a NAPA kit that had been sitting on the shelf for at least 20 years and it came with mailing box. Was $6 to ship USPS from SD to GA. Shipped on Monday, delivered Thursday and report was emailed to me Sunday.
IMG_0337.jpeg

Back