M1 to PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hogwash
But finding it in 0w-20 for the wife's RAV4 hydrid has been challenging. If it's not available in that weight, why not?

In South Florida finding Mobil 1 0w20 in Walmart is a challenge. When they have it in stock I stock up. Advance,Pep Boys and Napa generally always have 0w20 Mobil 1 but at a much higher price.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Very easy look online at Walmart first and then Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Platinum-0W-20-Motor-Oil-5-qt/123640799

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Quaker-State-Ultimate-Durability-0W-20-Motor-Oil-5-qt/196267502

Right. Sorry wasn't very clear in my post. I haven't seen on the self at either Walmart location near me as well Meijer. Those are the 3 places I normally purchase my oil. Frankly, I hadn't really searched too hard for it...but just noticed it was never on the self.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Why not use your Tough Guard filters for two oil change intervals if they're only 5K?

Any real advantage to the TG vs the M1? They're comparable in price....so that's not a real concern.

Also...my Tacoma has another 85k+ miles left on it's 125k mile Platinum warranty. So I figured I would not rock the boat too much and stick with the factory recommend 5k interval for now

Hogwash
Stick with what you are comfortable with, filter wise. Also, both the Pennzoil and Mobil 1 are fine oils. Don’t overlook Valvoline synthetic or Castrol for that matter.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: jongies3
Originally Posted By: tig1
All M1 oils are considered grp 4 oil with a base stock of PAO, esters, and other synthetic fluids.

I'd like to see a valid source on this, care to share?

The SDS on Mobil’s website list PAO anywhere from 30-70% depending on the particular type and weight of the oil.

Also all M1 oils contain esters as well. Here is a link.

https://mobiloil.com/en/faq/ask-our-auto-experts/questions-for-auto-experts/what-is-ester-oil

From what I can gather that's not a bad thing?

https://bobistheoilguy.com/esters-in-synthetic-lubricants/

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Hey there Hogwash- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full keeps pistons cleaner than any leading synthetic oil: up to 25% cleaner than Mobil 1. If you're having a hard time locating the product you need you can head to Amazon.com, Walmart.com, or find a local retailer near you using our store locator: http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/oil-change-retail-locations.html#iframe=Lz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fVVM=

Hope this helps!

-The Pennzoil Team

Really wish you guys would market this stuff better so more retailers would start carrying it. It's a great oil but the difficulty finding it is annoying. One thing Mobil 1 has down that you guys don't is the advertising. Good advertising is what sells stuff, get your name out there and make people wanna buy the product instead of hiding in the shadows! I'd use nothing but Ultra Platinum if I could get it at my parts store or Walmart on any given day.

Hey there Hogwash- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full keeps pistons cleaner than any leading synthetic oil: up to 25% cleaner than Mobil 1. If you're having a hard time locating the product you need you can head to Amazon.com, Walmart.com, or find a local retailer near you using our store locator: http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/oil-change-retail-locations.html#iframe=Lz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fVVM=

Hope this helps!

-The Pennzoil Team

Really wish you guys would market this stuff better so more retailers would start carrying it. It's a great oil but the difficulty finding it is annoying. One thing Mobil 1 has down that you guys don't is the advertising. Good advertising is what sells stuff, get your name out there and make people wanna buy the product instead of hiding in the shadows! I'd use nothing but Ultra Platinum if I could get it at my parts store or Walmart on any given day.
\

GenaFishbeck, if you are going to try/take Jongies3 up on his request, please don't change anything in my neck of the woods as I have pretty good luck finding it.

I would assume, hopefully, that where it's a good/great seller, nothing would change in that regard, would it?

One thing I do find rather difficult/odd, is the lack of your oil filters at the same places that carry your oil. Is that the norm, if an establishment carries another brand(s) of filters that sells well, they are less likely to carry your brand? I assume there is more to it than that, but I had to ask.

Irv, it took Canada a long time to get some reasonable availability for the product.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE
Originally Posted By: Hogwash
But finding it in 0w-20 for the wife's RAV4 hydrid has been challenging. If it's not available in that weight, why not?

Also...with HM oils it seems like the preference around here is M1 Hm vs the PP. Any particular reason?

Mobil 1 0w20 is a challenge to find in Walmart in South Florida. They are either out of it or very low on it. When they have it in stock I stock up on it. Auto stores like Advance,Pep Boys and Napa generally always have Mobil 1 Ow20 but at a much higher price.

Try West Kendall Walmart. It's always well stocked.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE

Mobil 1 0w20 is a challenge to find in Walmart in South Florida. They are either out of it or very low on it. When they have it in stock I stock up on it. Auto stores like Advance,Pep Boys and Napa generally always have Mobil 1 Ow20 but at a much higher price.

Try West Kendall Walmart. It's always well stocked.

Thank you for the info!!

Originally Posted By: irv

Hope this helps!

-The Pennzoil Team

\

GenaFishbeck, if you are going to try/take Jongies3 up on his request, please don't change anything in my neck of the woods as I have pretty good luck finding it.

I would assume, hopefully, that where it's a good/great seller, nothing would change in that regard, would it?

One thing I do find rather difficult/odd, is the lack of your oil filters at the same places that carry your oil. Is that the norm, if an establishment carries another brand(s) of filters that sells well, they are less likely to carry your brand? I assume there is more to it than that, but I had to ask.

That's what makes M1 and their filter so easy for me. Both readily available together at all 3 locations that I typically purchase from. Certain flavors of the PP? Not so much. And I didn't even know Pennzoil had a filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back