M1 in 4L60E Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after trying to research the topic of M1 in my tranny I decieded to try it my self and see how it would run.

2005 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 Vortec, 4L60E tranny with external tranny cooler and motorguard byass filter.

This is what I did,
-I unhooked the cooler lines, put out line in a bucket. Then, I took a air hose and blew out the other line till I heard bubbles comming from the fill tube.
-I started truck and let all the fluid empty into the bucket untill I saw bubbles, then I turned off.
-I added 2 quarts of new M1 to tranny and started again untill I saw bubbles.
-dropped pan and replaced filter and gasket. (note: the motorgaurd was doing its job because there wasn't a thing in the pan. I wiped it out with a white towel, and all there was was pink fluid.)
-Hooked everything back up and filled up with new fluid.
-Took for a drive and checked fluid and added as needed.

The truck shifts beautifully now. I can hardly feel the shifts, but it doesn't seem to slip when I step on the gas hard. The shifts are still nice and clean at high rpm.
As for heat, I don't have a guage, but after pulling my boat for a ways, my motorguard filter didn't feel near as hot as before(unscientific measurement)
I was hoping for a gas miliage increase, but it seems that the new fluid hasn't affected my mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back