M1 EP to a high mileage oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm approaching 100k on my 2013 Civic LX 1.8L and I'm wondering....with preventative maintenance in mind, should I swap over to a HM oil for the seal swellers and conditioners? Or move on over to PP equivalent or just stay with M1 EP? It's a 2013 with 300 miles shy of 100k and the first 70k miles were all highway. Now I'm about a 30 mile a day driver in stop and go traffic locally.

I also have no visible oil leaks or consumption of oil to note

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NavyVet88

I also have no visible oil leaks or consumption of oil to note

Then an HM oil would be wasted....my thought: keep doing what you're doing and adjust your OCI for the new driving conditions.

So my take is that Maxlife (blend - Red Bottle) is a very nice oil for lots of applications. But unless it's cheaper than M-1 or PP, you should not go that route.

There is some discussion about starting to treat seals before the start weeping... But your motor will usually go close to 200,000 before there are any issues.

30 miles is plenty long enough to get up to temp. As long as the temp sensor and the fans cut in at the correct temp, you should be fine for long while w/o needing anything other than what you are doing.

If there is room, I'd spin on an oversized filter to get a tad more capacity and move to a filter change every other time. But that's just me
smile.gif

BrocLuno said:
So my take is that Maxlife (blend - Red Bottle) is a very nice oil for lots of applications. But unless it's cheaper than M-1 or PP, you should not go that route.

it's about 7 dollars cheaper on a 5qt jug of valvoline 0w-20 high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back