M1-AP analyses coming in slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17

Here's mine.

I saw that one, and honestly, I don't see a difference between this and other oils. I think the difference will be visible when more miles are put on the oil.

Did you change it out or still have it in?

Originally Posted By: 4WD
What was previous oil used?

Edge EP 5w20

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
No makeup oil over 10k, wow! thats amazing. The TBN looks strong for M1 products, which usually drop fast, but don't usually go below 2.

It has never consumed any noticable amount of oil on the dipstick. It sees a lot of higher speeds and loads as well.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka

Here's mine.

I saw that one, and honestly, I don't see a difference between this and other oils. I think the difference will be visible when more miles are put on the oil.

Did you change it out or still have it in?

I changed it at the time of the sample. It was just prior to going on a 4,000 mile road trip and since I didn't want to blow past the previous 12k recommendation at the time of the next sample just to be safe. I slowly work it up.

4WD said:
What was previous oil used?

Edge EP 5w20

Lethal1ty17 said:
Those are some crazy, all over the place, iron numbers. Was this your first run of Mobil oil?

Was it the iron in your previous UOAs or some other reason that made you switch to Mobil?

No. The two most recent were the M1 AP and Edge EP 520, the average is based off of a 6,400 mile sample, and the two latest tests were after I moved to Texas and the operating environment changed - higher heat and the toll roads which allow me to cruise at 100+mph for a few thousand miles on those samples in the heat of the summer. M1 EP (tried AP for kicks and giggles last time) and Edge EP are the two oils that run smoothest in my Genesis Coupe so I was working on UOA's trying to see at extended intervals with heavy usage if there was a measurable difference. Also, the 9-15-15 sample that had higher iron and flagged aluminum was Pennzoil Ultra which I won't be using again after that.

Is there any engine that could go 20K without adding a quart or two? My Honda is down a full quart after 15K, so why not just change the oil then? Anyway, not a very practical oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back