Lunch meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the in house smoked or baked turkey breast sliced, and my guilty pleasure is Land O Lakes American. The Boars Head buffalo chicken is great also.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Montreal Smoked Meat and I like making it with a good plain yellow mustard. MMMMMMM
20.gif

vka-meat-280601-jpg.jpg

I share your weakness! So good!

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
What do you prefer? Roast beef, Turkey, Ham etc.. Flavor like Buffalo Chicken, Brand specific or don't care?

I love a good roast beef thin sliced prefer an Italian flavor but it's usually way to expensive. A good black Forrest ham is fantastic. I had a BBQ Chicken Brest on sale last week that was just killer! Think it was Sara Lee. I'm not brand specific although I find Boarshead brand makes great cold cuts but they can be pricey.

Just say no. There is nothing in the deli area that is good for you.
this! Everything from nitrates to msg.

My grandfather would go to a local butcher and buy pig fat and put a mound of it between two slices of bread with mustard and that was his lunch for years! He was never overweight and lived to 90 yo so prob did him little harm.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
It's all about everything in moderation...

Seems like everything can kill us now a days....

I definitely agree with this. Anyone remember the "food pyramid" of the 1970s? Weren't they pushing us to eat more breads and cereals? And nowadays bread is supposedly evil!

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Applegate farms has an excellent line of no preservatives low sodium lunch meats. It's expensive but the only ones I eat. The preservatives they use in lunch meats and other similar things like pre sliced pepperoni are absolutely terrible for you.

That's what I eat, along with theirs, or Trader Joes organic nirate free hotdogs.

Processed meats using nitrates and nitrites are a group one carcinogen.

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

I just got back from Rudy's with a half smoked chicken (only $5) to make chicken sandwiches for my work lunches next week.

Here's what is going on my chicken sandwiches for my work lunches next week. This chicken is so tender that it falls to pieces. A smoked half chicken for $5. Once I started doing this,there's no way I can go back to lunchmeat.

Last time I had one of the drumsticks on my plate for dinner,I swear in milliseconds she jumped up,grabbed it off my plate,and hauled total as* haha!!

Boar's Head Black Forest turkey, Black Forest ham,whatever Boar's Head beef is on sale for less than $13.99/LB and Kroger's store brand provolone cheese...Boar's Head provolone tastes funny to me.

On crusty white bread and heated in a panini press.

Kroger is funny around here...you can tell if you're in a nice store, or a ghetto-tastic one by the presence of Boar's Head deli meats, as opposed to Kroger Private Selection. The nicer local Kroger just coincidentally has a liquor department too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back