Lubrication Engineers Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one have any opinions or experience with Lubrication Engineers products? Was on their web site and this Alemasol additive used in their oils seems pretty interesting. Thanks mikeyoilnutt

The ACT Fire Brigade here in Canberra use it in all vehicles. It has a very high reputation worldwide but as I've posted before gets little to zero attention on BITOG.

sprintman, Thanks for the feedback. I did do a search and found that you stated that it very good dino 15W-40 and a well kept secret. I still believe that the smaller companies make some unique high quality lubes. mikeyoilnutt

In my part of the world they primarily compete in industry with gear oils and other industry applications. They carry a good reputation and seem to be a reputable co. with good products.

the race shops around my city stock it, if that means anything to you. the owner can't say enough about it. he uses it in his vintage race car.

I have anecdotal data, which is just that, anecdotal. I deal with a tractor trailer axle that has a planetary gear reduction in the wheel hub. The mfg, recommends 90 wt EP oil, and I have to parrot their recommendation for liability purposes.

With standard 90 wt in the wheel hubs, when an 18 wheeler with my axle comes in off the road from travelling at legal speed limits, the hubs are just hot enough so that one can't comfortably put one's hand on the hubs and let them rest there without burning the hand. This is from the churning of the oil in the planetaries.

One customer, an LE fan, on his own volition, changed to LE oil in the hubs, and upon returning from the same type of running to the same shop, the hubs were barely warm to the touch, certainly cool enough to put your hand on them, and leave it there.

I became a fan of LE based on this, and use it in all the heavy duty equipment I run.

I don't run their engine oil, because I have a 2 cycle DD engine that requires a gallon almost at every fill up, and LE only has 2 gallon engine oil containers, and it is a pain in the neck to deal with that. And that is the only reason I don't. It is in all the rest of the gear boxes.

rmw

rmw, Thanks for the feedback. I put some of their Monelec 10W-30 engine oil in my truck and I will be posting a virgin sample soon from the batch I bought. The sales rep I found in my area is pretty knowlegeable. He gave me some grease to try out, it was pretty impressive stuff after I saw a shock load test on it. After receiving a product guide I did not realize they make so many different lubes. mikeyoilnutt

You're lucky if you have a decent representative in your area. I live in south Atlanta and the guy that sells it here wants $6.00 per quart and doesn't even want to talk to you unless you're buying $500 worth at each purchase.

Because of this I have looked elsewhere for my lubrication needs.

FowVay, That really stinks. You can order products directly from Lubrication Engineers. I called them I and they said I could just happened to order from a Rep cause he was in my area. mikeyoilnutt

Helllo....new user here but I can vouch for LE products. Case in point...I was in maintenance for years at a company and we had 2 piston air compressors. I switched from a brand name compressor oil to LE's recomendations. After an oil anlysis....which came out good....I took an amp reading on the the 3 phase motor. Over a month's time...the amps dropped, roughly 2 to 3 amps per phase. I went from adding oil every other day to once every 2 weeks on the LE oil. I have never used it in a vehicle engine but it sure worked like they claimed in the compressor.
That's my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for having me aboard!

I think the lack of attention is due to the fact that this board is weighted towards gas and light diesel users vs. industrial. Which is where you will find more lubriplate, le,Schaeffer's. imo

quote:

Originally posted by salesrep:
I think the lack of attention is due to the fact that this board is weighted towards gas and light diesel users vs. industrial. Which is where you will find more lubriplate, le,Schaeffer's. imo

The motor oils of all companies have been or are still discussed on the board. But as Salesrep indicated the Industrial side is not talked about as much. For example, one of the top players in the Industrial market is Royal Purple. How many companies have a grease designed to be used specifically undersea as Royal Purple does? So unless we have users of these products, they don't get talked about as much.

I have been in contact with an LE salesman for over 3 months, but to date no committment from him on being a Site Sponsor.

dunno.gif

I was going to say they don't appear to be market savvy but then when you look at their presence worldwide and the clients they have the two don't match. If I could get some of their 5W30 Monolec at a reasonable price I would have it in my Outback immediately.

Thanks for the input guys. I am going to order some of their gear oil for differentials next. Sprintman do you all really drink Foster's beer in Australia? mikeyoilnutt

Mikey Fosters is mainly for people outside Australia. VB (Victoria Bitter) is the main seller here. I like OS beers such as Bohemia from Mexico and Kingfisher from India but then all amber fluid is good I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back