Lubegard in a GM transfer case?

He has an np 246 also I can't tell if it's chain noise or something else but something in the t case

The autotrac2 is a synthetic blend hydraulic oil similar to dexron 3 with blue dye friction modifier and whatever else is what I thought. Anyways I thought it might have helped a bit. The auto Trak 2 was for the transfer cases that had clutches so it had to have some friction modifier. If that doesn't seem like it will do anything what do you think would help the most?

Last edited:
The autotrac2 is a synthetic blend hydraulic oil similar to dexron 3 with blue dye friction modifier and whatever else is what I thought. Anyways I thought it might have helped a bit. The auto Trak 2 was for the transfer cases that had clutches so it had to have some friction modifier. If that doesn't seem like it will do anything what do you think would help the most?
My comment was directed to my opposing the addition of any friction modifier. If it does have clutches, you don't want any additional friction modifier beyond what is in Autotrak II.

I thought the anti shudder is concentrated friction modifier additive isn't that what is in the autotrac2? I don't have the problem with my truck asking for a buddy his has chain noise.

So, what makes you think a friction modifier would make any difference with a worn out chain?

You buddy needs new fluid in his transfer case and should plan the rebuild if he plans on keeping it.

As per the owners manual, only use 4x4 on low traction surfaces, not on dry pavement. I use HD high viscosity atf that is also suitable for use in Allison 1000 transmissions. Look for Allison 995 or the latest 668 approval.

I think your info is incorrect.

The AutoTrak II fluid, the Valvoline equivalent, etc., is more than Dexron III.

Reading up on Lubegard developer Dr Landis (former Mobil Chemist) … he had some interesting concoctions

(see pages 1 & 2)

6AA341BD-2668-4691-8400-60C3BB52541A.png

Back