Lube Control in Power Steering

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Bill R:
Have an '03 Toyota Corolla, w/ 10k miles. Just received my 1st jug of Lube Control and wanted to add 3oz to the power steering fluid. Had previously read that LC in the crank case did not increase the fluid level on the dip stick, so I poured the LC into the PS resivor. Well it filled up and when I had added 2ozs the fluid level was as above Max HOT and the resivor was nearly filled. Guess I should have taken 3 ozs out first.

What should I do now? Run with an overfilled PS resivor? Take fluid out until level is normal, not knowing how much LC is in the system? Eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's?

It's not easy being a clutz, but loving to work on the car. Thanks, Bill R

PS how much LC should I put in the Tranny, 3.2 quarts capacity?

For the power steering:Remove fluid until level is normal.The percentage of LC to PS fluid is on the high side.

Is this an auto or standard transmission?

Mark

Have an '03 Toyota Corolla, w/ 10k miles. Just received my 1st jug of Lube Control and wanted to add 3oz to the power steering fluid. Had previously read that LC in the crank case did not increase the fluid level on the dip stick, so I poured the LC into the PS resivor. Well it filled up and when I had added 2ozs the fluid level was as above Max HOT and the resivor was nearly filled. Guess I should have taken 3 ozs out first.

What should I do now? Run with an overfilled PS resivor? Take fluid out until level is normal, not knowing how much LC is in the system? Eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's?

It's not easy being a clutz, but loving to work on the car. Thanks, Bill R

PS how much LC should I put in the Tranny, 3.2 quarts capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back