Lot of scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit hard to tell from the small photo, but that looks like paint that's breaking down on account of the sun. If so, then the trunk needs a complete sand-off and repaint; you won't be able to fix this properly any other way.
How does your roof look? What about the tops of the fenders on either side of the trunk?

Yes maybe paint breaking down. It looks like wrinkles/roof& hood is fine. Sometimes I put boxes on top of trunk, I don't know if this caused it.

Last edited:
Looks like the paint is dirty and wet. Make sure to wash it first then get some applicators, Meguiars Ultimate Compound($10) and a soft towel to buff off. Then apply some Nufinish for durable protection. Have nice day.

Setting anything on top of the paint (box, purse) doesn't help it at all and doing so constantly over time will indeed cause damage.
I believe the paint is done for and your best hope is just to make it look somewhat better with satinsilver's suggestion above.

Originally Posted By: cathy
Sometimes I put boxes on top of trunk

If you drag and push the boxes, then you would surely cause scratches. But those scratches will have a tendency to follow a definite pattern in the direction of your back-and-forth push/pull motions. If the scratches are apparently random with no pattern to them, then they may signify paint breakdown. Has the trunk ever been repainted? Cheapo aftermarket paint jobs often display such "scratches" over time.

Can you post a better photo, maybe one NOT from a cellphone? Or if it must be from a cellphone, can you brace yourself securely before pressing the "shutter" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back