Looking for a new wallet

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
I need a wallet with at least 10 card slots and a center wing with a nonremovable ID slot in a bifold configuration.

Here are my 2 choices:

Mancini 1.JPG

Mancini 2.JPG

Leatherology 1.JPG

Leatherology 2.JPG

I keep my wallets for 3-5 years. Any recommendations for a quality brand? My budget max is $150

Last edited:
I like Tumi mens wallets.
I've looked at them. I had a Tumi tri-fold many years back, very high quality. I can't find a Tumi with a permanent ID slot though.

...and, the ID slot uses a see through mesh rather than clear plastic. I find that preferable as it doesn't stick to the ID and generally doesn't crack with time.

Here is my go to. I generally hold out for a sale:

My normal go-to wallet style is a single pocket minimalist. I carry four cards in total and a tiny bit of cash, thus the reason I'm selling such a nice wallet.

Here is my go to. I generally hold out for a sale:

• Twenty credit card slots
That is pretty awesome. Is it just me or is it a very tall wallet? If so, do you find using it different from a regular sized wallet?

I used to be a revolving pocket with wallets, always looking for a new one and trying a different one. Then I got the Slimfold about a decade ago. It served me well and I'd still be using it. But they came out with the orange with gray stitching in the photo. So I retired the black one and got the orange. Based on the decade I got from the first one this will last the remainder of my life (starting at age 66), unless they magically come out with an even better color combination. Highly unlikely. And wow, looking at the prices of some of the others, I like it even more now.
  • Holds 20 Cards
  • 10 1/8" x 3 1/2" (opened)
  • Weighs Just 1 oz

Based on the decade I got from the first one this will last the remainder of my life (starting at age 66),
Aww come on, you sound like Jay Leno who counts his remaining years in how many fuel cell replacements his McLaren has left. :ROFLMAO:

You should expect at least 2 more wallets to go!

Last edited:
My wallet is a thick rubber band doubled wound around 10 cards (cc, DL, insurance, AAA, etc.) with bills folded over the top. Been that way for 20 years and I keep it in my front left pocket. Bands last about 3-4 months.

Not so sure about enough slots but I had a bi-fold Coach wallet for about $150 that lasted me 15 years. New Coach one is only 1 year old. It is hard to find a decent wallet that lasts!! Let us know what you end up with.

Columbia has some not that fancy leather though.

about 30$ on sale usually.

I didnt see it on their site but I know they have a bifold with center as I'm holding one in my hand.

Aww come on, you sound like Jay Leno who counts his remaining years in how many fuel cell replacements his McLaren has left. :ROFLMAO:

You should expect at least 2 more wallets to go!
The decade old one I replaced was just broken in well. I'm sure it had another decade to go. All things equal this one should last until I'm 85. Based on family history that's probably about it. Then again, they may come out with another color combination I have to have. If I do buy any more wallets it will be another of theirs. HIGHLY recommended.

Back