Long time, no see, members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Maybe they got tired of all the Pennzoil vs Mobil 1 vs Redline vs Amsoil threads ?

Maybe they got tired of the 'one upper' type of people that have to argue over something so silly and unimportant ?

Maybe it was the butt kissing and self promoting some people do ?

+4

Though I think that goes for many sites.....but I think this site's biggest problem is that it has 40k + members. How the heck can that many people get along!
eek.gif
I have to say, considering the number of posters, they still keep it well modded here. I had to drop a few websites recently because they got so bad...

It explains the "over and over" questions, and the people that drive us insane...

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Haven't seen Whitewolf post in a while, his posts were always very informative, even when people did the finger in their ear while screaming approach to hearing his opinion.

Glad to have provided some information and entertainment. I'm still here but I don't post much on oil issues. I noticed that The Critic doesn't show much and bruce381 seems to have vanished.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Al, OldMoparGuy, MarkC, SteveS?

I have noticed Mark's absence for a long while. I guess some of the original members are now so long gone that only the almost-gone members still recall them.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Haven't seen Whitewolf post in a while, his posts were always very informative, even when people did the finger in their ear while screaming approach to hearing his opinion.

Glad to have provided some information and entertainment. I'm still here but I don't post much on oil issues. I noticed that The Critic doesn't show much and bruce381 seems to have vanished.

Critic is here and there...noticed no bruce381 either. Followed quite a few of his posts when I first got here (and lurked before)....

Mike posts a lot in a bunch of forums. I was just sending him pictures from my borescope looking at he valvetrain of the R car about an hour ago.

bruce381 was a major loss. I think he just got bored.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

bruce381 was a major loss. I think he just got bored.

I agree. I liked bruce.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Some people didn't like StevieC because of his lifestyle...

If that's the case, that is very unfortunate.

People develop new interests, people get bored, people decide to move on, and some pass away. Many develop different priorities and move on. Some can't live within the rules and, with good cause, are banned.

The site has also changed over the years, from a reliable knowledge source to a lot of "Internet experts" dishing out uneducated advice like candy at Halloween. It's the bane of a popular site-the more exposure and members you get, the worse the information and demographic becomes. The oil section is a classic example, if someone asks for a recommendation there are dozens of "experts" who will chime in with advice, but the majority have no clue or data to back up their advice (beyond reading a handful of UOA's).

Originally Posted By: tig1
What about Johnny. Has anyone heard from him? We grew up in Texas a few miles apart.

Yeah,where's Johnny been??

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Wondering were has JohnBrowning been. Always liked his posts, but his listing shows he hasn't posted since January 2010! Hope all is okay.

Any others that have been absent for prolonged time?

True. Hope all is well with JB and the dozens of others you don't see these days.

You hope it's not from some of the nonsense, because this site has the least nonsense of any of them out there IMO.

Hard to believe I've been an BITOG addict for almost 10yrs now. Time sure does fly.

Joel

Quote:
... and bruce381 seems to have vanished.

Bruce and I used to PM each other about formulatin' strategies and the industry in general.

Miss him too!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: tig1
What about Johnny. Has anyone heard from him? We grew up in Texas a few miles apart.

Yeah,where's Johnny been??

I'm pretty sure it was the zmax fiasco that did it for Johnny.

Making the occasional trek across the Intertubes I, the mighty Obbop, a Disgruntled Old Coot, arrives at the world-renowned BITOG hang-out.

Noting the wondrous mention of I, Obbop, and surprised that the horror of past posts lingers in the minds of mortals, an inner compulsion compels me to post.

jlm-navy-destroyersinking.jpg

Ever have that "sinking feeling"?

idiots.jpg

Huddled within a humble hovel, a mere shanty atop the Ozark Plateau where the indigenous idiots swarm and multiply at prodigious rates, the Mighty Obbop eagerly awaits the opportunity to seek out a new human herd of idiots to wander to thus escaping this local particularly vile horde of sub-humans.

And thus concludes this brief but momentous moment mumbling upon the BITOG entity.

Golly shucks... since here... a couple more pics to spread the holiday cheer...

sucksthumbnail.jpg

carrierturn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back