Log Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 22 ton log splitter and was wondering how many hours I should run it before changing the hydraulic oil, it does have a filter on the return side of the system.
Oil is still clear, and dosen't seem to smell bad.
Only thing it says in the manual is to change the filter after 50 hours of run time, and every 100 hours after that.

I would change the oil and filter after the first 25 hours. Moisture condensation is going to be your biggest enemy. And make sure the breather is functioning and clean.

What ISO viscosity and type of fluid does the UM recommend?

Last edited:
Thanks. I've been kinda busy with our new grandchildren and some other activities.

I try to get on the air when I can.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Thanks. I've been kinda busy with our new grandchildren and some other activities.

I try to get on the air when I can.
thumbsup2.gif
Grandpa!!!

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I would change the oil and filter after the first 25 hours. Moisture condensation is going to be your biggest enemy. And make sure the breather is functioning and clean.

What ISO viscosity and type of fluid does the UM recommend?

...but don't change your oil every 25 hours after that. If I were you, I'd invest in an upgraded filtration package for your logsplitter, then leave your oil in there indefinitely. The cost of a logsplitter pump isn't much more than 10 gallons of oil, if you pump ever fails. Keeping the oil clean is the number one way to increase component longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back