LM 75W90 GL4+ vs. Redline MT-90 GL4...any real difference?

Regarding oil same as a diff. Not sure it has some kind of offset,
probably it doesn't, so I wouldn't call using GL-5 a 'requirement'.
Ok appreciate the feedback. I think I'll try some Redline this order. I just need to decide GL4 vs. 5....I don't think it honestly matters here. I have *heard* that the bevel box takes a beating on these with more power like I have and all the launching etc. I just changed my engine and trans mounts...trans was HAMMERED.

Ok appreciate the feedback. I think I'll try some Redline this order. I just need to decide GL4 vs. 5....I don't think it honestly matters here. I have *heard* that the bevel box takes a beating on these with more power like I have and all the launching etc. I just changed my engine and trans mounts...trans was HAMMERED.

Are you using any insert in them at all? I had the front one in for a while and did notice a difference but it was also more "buzzy" so I ended up removing

I use the recommended fill from the bottom method. I have the tool that threads into the drain and attaches to the bottle with a valve for on/off. I snake it up through the engine compartment. Very easy/fast.
Link to tool? i only see the pump things or something like this?

Are you using any insert in them at all? I had the front one in for a while and did notice a difference but it was also more "buzzy" so I ended up removing
No inserts - I've never seen an insert for the engine/trans mounts on the MQB vehicles but I do run an insert for the rear lower "dogbone" mount which depending on style can add a bit of NVH.

Since Mk7 GTI Clubsport S transmission mounts won't fit (it's manual only)
I'd suggest looking into Mk8 R mounts. Not sure but perhaps DQ381 mounts
could be compatible with DQ250/02E mounts. If I had DSG I'd dig into this.
That said, I had very good results with Vibratech mounts. Not too much NVH.

Since Mk7 GTI Clubsport S transmission mounts won't fit (it's manual only)
I'd suggest looking into Mk8 R mounts. Not sure but perhaps DQ381 mounts
could be compatible with DQ250/02E mounts. If I had DSG I'd dig into this.
That said, I had very good results with Vibratech mounts. Not too much NVH.
The gold standard for the MK7s are the BFI stage 1 - they are poly and will add some NVH expecially for the trans. I figured I'd give the slightly upgraded 034 rubber mounts a try before going all-in.

I strongly prefer rubber over polyurethane. Rubber is used by all OEMs
because of its superior hystheresis which helps for a more pleasant NVH
performance. Designed properly it'll also last longer. Poly is made for the
tuning crowd who like it colorful and fall for marketing. 034 makes some
good products for a long time just as Vibratech. You won't be disappointed.

I strongly prefer rubber over polyurethane. Rubber is used by all OEMs
because of its superior hystheresis which helps for a more pleasant NVH
performance. Designed properly it'll also last longer. Poly is made for the
tuning crowd who like it colorful and fall for marketing. 034 makes some
good products for a long time just as Vibratech. You won't be disappointed.
So far the 034s seem ok, slightly more vibration but all and all a nice "OEM+" experience which has been my MO with this car.

FCP for the win! Hope to get it done in the next week...figure if I'm getting it up on blocks, may as well do it all while it's there. Got the Racing Line mag drain plug for the Haldex as well.

20220107_135523.jpg

This is for my front bevel box and rear diff on my Sportwagen. LM GL4+75W90 is $13/1L vs. the Redline GL4 75W90 at $19/L at FCP Euro. Not sure of the "GL4+ (GL4/GL5)" designation on the LM, as far I can see, I need GL4 for both of my applications. This is for a ~70K/3 year change which will be about my interval going forward. I'm not interested in what I can get locally/Walmart as I like to use FCP and this is part of a larger order for my DSG and Haldex and I can return these later for a refund next change. Also, going to run LM MoS2 for gears in both.

Try this stuff. https://www.amsoil.com/p/manual-transmission-transaxle-gear-lube-75w-90-mtg/?code=MTGQT-EA
I've found it better than RedLine, and cost less. PREFERRED PRICE: $16.59 non squeeze bottle is $15.

I've never used LM gl4+

What made you choose the LM DSG fluid instead of OE or Pentosin?
It's what it's in there now/used last time/price is right. 30K hard miles on this stuff currently with no blips, why not?

It's what it's in there now/used last time/price is right. 30K hard miles on this stuff currently with no blips, why not?
Fair enough. Supposedly LM works okay in the older DSG's but has been problematic on the newer ones. Or so I have been told.

Fair enough. Supposedly LM works okay in the older DSG's but has been problematic on the newer ones. Or so I have been told.
No idea - there are folks that say that they have had issues with different than OE fluids in the DSG I have as well....I just can't imagine why it would be an issue or why LM would make a fluid that wasn't compatible, it's really just a manual gear oil. I've had no drama that was fluid related.

100K miles so decided to do my front bevel box, rear differential, and Haldex unit. ~26K since last change but quite a bit of track days. Stuck with GL4 Redline gear oil and Febi-Bistein Haldex fluid. Tried the MoS2 for gears.

F. bevel box
Out: ~1qt Redline MT90
In: ~1 qt Redline MT90 + 1 tube of Liquimoly MoS2 for gears
Smells nasty and was dirty.
Used a new drain and fill plug. Drain plug is magnetic.

R. differential
Out: ~1qt Redline MT90
In: ~1 qt Redline MT90 + 1 tube of Liquimoly MoS2 for gears
Looked nice and clean.
Used a new drain and fill plug. Drain plug is magnetic.

Haldex clutch unit:
Out: ~1qt Febi/Bilstein Haldex fluid
In: ~1 qt Febi/Bilstein Haldex fluid
Already have a magnetic drain plug on this one so just replace crush washers. Clean the pump screen. Cycle pump using VW scan tool.

Everything including some other things (oil change kit for Atlas, rotor set screws, oil filter for Sportwagen) boxed up to send back to FCP Euro for refund credit with their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee (LRG)...about $185 worth; shipping was $17 using pirateship.

20240101_193602.jpg

20240101_193614.jpg

20240101_202201.jpg

20230207_125454.jpg

20240101_194731.jpg

20240101_201253.jpg

20240101_203116.jpg

20240102_093324.jpg
20240102_094759.jpg
20240102_095040.jpg
20240102_141425.jpg

20240101_202201.jpg