Live and learn.

I bought a Can-Am Outlander Max 650 New in 2008. I only plow snow with it. Well I had to have some repairs done to the plow this fall and noticed the blade angle was now wrong. I looked overthe coilover adjusters and was formulating a plan to adjust ride height. I didn't have the proper Bombardier spanner/pin wrench and didn't want to bung up the adjusters. Looked in the owners manual for a part number to order the proper tool. The manual stated there was a tool kit onboard with the wrench. Sure enough, under a cover in the back, there it was! Never needed to look under that cover before so, I never did......I saved some money and thought to myself. What a bozo you are. Volkswagen has all kinds of stuff in and around the spare tire. Emergency kit, wheel starters, cargo locaters along with the stuff for changing a tire. The emergency kit has jumper cables. I didn't even know. I was at a parking lot waiting for the wife/kid to get done shopping. Parked in the shade and was chillaxin. Some dude walked up and wanted a jump start. I said ok but I didn't have any cables. He said I did, in my emergency kit with the spare. He was right. I jumped him and he took off. Turned out he detailed cars at the local VW/Audi/Porsche dealer and they all had similar kits. Live and learn....again.

I love occurrences like that.
Once a friend married two hand trucks together in a way which afforded us a large furniture dolly. Absolutely cool.
I pulled out the under-hood, retracting work light in my sister's '88 Jeep and amazed her.

When I sold vehicles at a VW dealership a guy came in and mentioned storage space. I asked if he knew about the slide out cubbie under the drivers seat. He was shocked. He had a Tiguan for a while and never realized it was there.

My wife and I bought a new VW Jetta GLI 6 speed a few weeks ago and it came with a VW roadside assistance kit with jumper cables. It was an option. I removed it from the car. The bag has velcro on the bottom to stay put with the trunk mat.

I really like the auto dimming HomeLink mirror. I park in the garage. The car has to be on to open or close a door, so if it's parked outside, a thief isn't going to get in the car and get in the house easily.

img_6258-2-jpg.199841

img_6260-jpg.199840

My wife and I bought a new VW Jetta GLI 6 speed a few weeks ago and it came with a VW roadside assistance kit with jumper cables. It was an option. I removed it from the car. The bag has velcro on the bottom to stay put with the trunk mat.

img_6258-2-jpg.199841

img_6260-jpg.199840
Yeah, I have something almost identical. All stored with the emergency spare. I never bothered to look down there until that guy needed a jump. I have three vehicles that have the same thing, two '15 Golf TDI's and a '16 Tiguan. Not much has changed in 9 years.

I really like the auto dimming HomeLink mirror. I park in the garage. The car has to be on to open or close a door, so if it's parked outside, a thief isn't going to get in the car and get in the house easily.

img_6258-2-jpg.199841

img_6260-jpg.199840
I have the same in my GTI. Nice kit. Enjoy the GLI.

I bought a Can-Am Outlander Max 650 New in 2008. I only plow snow with it. Well I had to have some repairs done to the plow this fall and noticed the blade angle was now wrong. I looked overthe coilover adjusters and was formulating a plan to adjust ride height. I didn't have the proper Bombardier spanner/pin wrench and didn't want to bung up the adjusters. Looked in the owners manual for a part number to order the proper tool. The manual stated there was a tool kit onboard with the wrench. Sure enough, under a cover in the back, there it was! Never needed to look under that cover before so, I never did......I saved some money and thought to myself. What a bozo you are. Volkswagen has all kinds of stuff in and around the spare tire. Emergency kit, wheel starters, cargo locaters along with the stuff for changing a tire. The emergency kit has jumper cables. I didn't even know. I was at a parking lot waiting for the wife/kid to get done shopping. Parked in the shade and was chillaxin. Some dude walked up and wanted a jump start. I said ok but I didn't have any cables. He said I did, in my emergency kit with the spare. He was right. I jumped him and he took off. Turned out he detailed cars at the local VW/Audi/Porsche dealer and they all had similar kits. Live and learn....again.
Awesome get one while you can. VW just dropped the manual transmission option on the GTI and Golf R even though take rates were over 50%.

Back