Linkedin individual subscription cost $39.99 monthly??

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Looks likely I will retire from my current job in the next nine +/- months.

I started applying for jobs simply to "throw out a line". I have an inactive Linkedin account. Linkedin figured out I am searching for a job and sends me a e-mail, seems like daily that states Linkedin subscription members receive 2.3 times more job offers than non subscribers.

I suspect that 2.3X is a funny math number. Nonetheless, I checked out their individual subscription cost and about fell out of my chair. $39.99 per month. Wow. I am sure there are many discounts available, but my eyes were opened wide by that $39.99 number.

Any BITOGERs paying for a individual Linkedin subscription, and if so- why?

I joined maybe a dozen years ago for no particular reason but never use it. Get an email every few days about, see what happened in your LinkedIn network this week, or see who looked at your profile. They never asked me to pay any fees to keep my membership.

Today's email from Linkedin:

Thanks for being part of the LinkedIn community - we're so glad you're here. As a thank you we'd like to offer you one free month of Linkedin Premium.

Here's how Premium can help:

fjU4-2aJVbyMPp6bt5pxF9VJh6n_kUC6ZrrVX6B1JZtEiyYgv0DRIGpVfPmXOQjEytT9KGtVPIkA6ZQZXuspCjGSRnbIojb686ZHS7P4UXjQh4ST-Aln3mk_dnz17CoSYNrsE1UE2sPitqjBBgdgx9XhhqV2y0vmAanyY1lhbtmSeAqQCCDgAHtXAQV2-i4=s0-d-e1-ft
Who's viewed your profile
Turn your profile views from the past 90 days into new opportunities.

ihJIkl1d9zTgKb0LKWYlhiUJXnMH4e-Aq27Bt-_y2MgmMOnT4hcjXrwU4pwoGI20mUPUl2oTesQ4nRtNS1fMCmCxOwbyUzaUyY5mQukfCLf8giWPpV8zh4tQ0laJgUmX8AlUk8-6W0loZGN87emRh2xPv68UrIyka9CO92jB5GOWpp6woWc=s0-d-e1-ft
More InMail messages
Expand your network and easily connect with hiring managers.

Ar_m2NY-pTetFFI-zX9rgV2jyaNi6iOj8J4qbdxdxOab6KqnrUnLDL1zRNV--eb9_ZA3rzZp00WiJUhx2p1fauwkRkO0zEkPskxgY2ymQXi2Cnd6z1ti8URjjaH6Me-oAKZnBjFdRvAjGTnGdHpl5bIS_O3otxNWBGqCif0g386Qw6SRt3rcelQO=s0-d-e1-ft
LinkedIn Learning
Access 16,000+ expert-led courses to sharpen your skills.

xc_Ih9onSgWrD0YAvZ07OvQ4IMfAv8zj8EQxbILR05iTG8zqBM5jLJzMyu49Bx3qasg3NH00SzwbKryDtaR9Om3imqYDgq85hNkMJaZMysvxSddec-LM7XS7ASt3XHO0mfxwa0qsKs4LfrDPhNJHvfErkiP66YKk2cFyb4DaEbQVzlVOBz3GuhLcGJZF_Q87=s0-d-e1-ft
Interview preparation
Get prepared to put your best face forward in your next interview.

Last edited:
LinkedIn is a freemium situation.

Base model = free (I have an account on this tier)

Premium model = fee with more features. Whether those features mean anything to you is your discretion.

Like many subscription services, LinkedIn has "deals" available if you look for them. For example you should be able to sign up for the premium membership with one month as a free trial on a 90 day plan before it auto-renews. So you get three months for the price of two.

And then when it is ready to auto-renew you cancel and lo and behold you should receive and offer to renew at a lower rate than the $39.99 a month rate. Funny how that works isn't it ?

• Sad
Reactions: GON
I would never pay for a LinkedIn subscription. Mine is free however I do not get all the benefits but could care less since I am retired anyway. People send you messages that want to sell your house or get you to sell insurance etc. under their tier. You can spend a lot of time telling all your contacts congrats on their anniversary date of the job they have. It's a good time killer if you are paid an hourly wage and you can do all the lurking and posting on the company dime.

There is a way to say that you are looking for work in LinkedIn. I know people that have been recruited off LinkedIn based on their profile for open positions and it worked out well.

I used free trial then got knicked for $40 (my bad on missing cancel) however I started cancel process and then they offered 3 months for $40 and stuck it out. Not sure of the value honestly . I am going to cancel for sure.

• Helpful
Looks likely I will retire from my current job in the next nine +/- months.

I started applying for jobs simply to "throw out a line". I have an inactive Linkedin account. Linkedin figured out I am searching for a job and sends me a e-mail, seems like daily that states Linkedin subscription members receive 2.3 times more job offers than non subscribers.

I suspect that 2.3X is a funny math number. Nonetheless, I checked out their individual subscription cost and about fell out of my chair. $39.99 per month. Wow. I am sure there are many discounts available, but my eyes were opened wide by that $39.99 number.

Any BITOGERs paying for a individual Linkedin subscription, and if so- why?

I made the mistake of joining Linked in some years back and could never figure out how to unjoin it. so no, I wouldn't paya penny for it, in fact I wish I could figure out how to un enroll

I made the mistake of joining Linked in some years back and could never figure out how to unjoin it. so no, I wouldn't paya penny for it, in fact I wish I could figure out how to un enroll
Change your information to bazaar stuff unrelated to you, change email address to one that you do not use anymore, or create one that you will never use.
I at one time had a large presence and some sites were a PITA ... cant remember which one or ones of the group.

LinkedIn frequently offers me the chance to “upgrade”. I’m certain if I was actively jobseeking, that they would bug me even more often.

I joined when it first came out. I found a couple of people that I wanted to talk to. I’ve gotten over 50 solicitations to manage my money, perhaps 100 - people look at my profile, see what I do for a living, know about what I make, and cold call.

I really dislike that about LinkedIn. I’m not “open” to unsolicited offers. But I can’t really opt out of them.

Dont bother. The trouble is sifting through the masses of recruiter contacts on linkedin that are shills or scammers.

I have the free subscription. Don’t know how I ever got signed up but apparently I did. I’m not paying for it I don’t use it and never have. The only website I paid for like that was mylife because they give people way too much information about you so I paid to have it taken off.

I signed up at some point, now I feel like I have to keep it somewhat current. But on the plus side I have access to their LinkedIn Learning (through work) and there is some decent stuff there--I need to make some time and go watch some more.

But I wouldn't pay $40 for it, that's a bit rich.

Nope, not paying for a subscription but in my experience, plenty of recruiters get in touch if you indicate you are open to new opportunities, which you can do and make available only to recruiters. Or can go the extreme route and list yourself as open to work for all to see.

Guessing a paid subscription automatically puts you higher on the list Linkedin creates when recruiters search for candidates. Premium also gives you some additional insight into who is viewing your profile instead of just seeing that it is a person with XYZ title at ABC company too.

Back