Life's Woes That Have Empowered You

Life is a heck of a ride for sure. Kobe sums it up in the simplest manner IMO. I've had a few crosses carried for me in my 50 years on this plant. Grateful am I!! Hope this helps brotha.

Kobe Bryant from an interview in 2006- “Until you got to pick up that cross that you can’t carry, and He picks it up for you and carries you and the cross, then you know”.

Being kicked out of the corporate turnover powered me more than once.

Start a business and start another business. Little did I know one would pay me $1500-$2000+/mo in retirement and the other allow me to purchase mucho tools.

Neither thing could have happened if I was not scared by getting laid off and just riding corporate grease.

We all get pumped after we repair something and it is well done and we learned something and save a huge amount of money...

My biggest would be heart surgery after a heart attack. The men in my mom's family all died in their early 50s... all were thin but it was hereditary.

It hit me in my early 30s and doctor after doctor told me I was as strong as an ox and fit as a fiddle. They wouldn't listen to my concerns.

At 51 I had a heart attack working on my new house purchase. I had to walk home to my other house and sat for awhile. I visited my parents that night as they lived close to me. I told them nothing.

I knew what it was but didn't want to deal with it. I said to myself if I wake up tomorrow I will go to the hospital.

I did wake up and I remember being shocked I was still alive.
I got up to walk and remember feeling like I was walking sideways and nauseous as all get out.

I went in that day and it was too bad and I was sent to a better hospital. I turned 52 while in there. It was Easter Sunday and all I could think of was that I ruined my mother's dinner she worked so hard on.
It still bothers me to this day.

The hospital coined me the Easter Sunday Miracle ...

I bring this up because yesterday a good buddy here on BITOG gave me the bad news he too will be having heart surgery. No names of course and I really wish him well and will try if possible to help him through this...

I will say I was empowered as afterwards in a few short weeks I was under cars working and helping my folks and trimming my own property the first week. The scars were really sore and the broken ribs a killer but the high is amazing. You actually feel blood flow like you never imagined. I never felt that pumped at 20 years old...

You survived and got a new lease on life and a few springs in your step. This is for you my BITOG friend. Enjoy it as it slowly fades with time though.

Enjoy your new powerplant my BITOG buddy .. you got this!!!

Young and dumb in my 20s -- between booze/women & toys. Really had nothing to show for when I was approaching 30. Buckled down and worked my arse off to save & plan for the future. Keeping my eyes on the prize.

I spent a year working for a crook. I was working up to 65 hours a week. I hated it.

During that time I learned a lot about life and how not to treat other people. I also learned valuable people skills that enabled me to be a more successful person in life. I made it one of my missions in life to never be like that guy.

It was hard but it set my life and career into a positive trajectory. It was a major reset.

Back