Lexus RX400H Oil Consumption 9500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
OP, would you share your experience with the Lexus Hybrid system? I have a '14 non-hybrid and wonder if an upgrade would be worth it when the time comes in a year or two and I can find another one off-lease or otherwise.

This particular vehicle aside from the annoyance of having to change a timing belt has delivered superb performance and economy in brutal LA traffic.

Non hybrid vehicles of similar size and engine displacement 3-3.5L I've driven and those owned by friends tend to get about 15 MPG over similar 2500-3000 mile city highway loop average where this vehicle will return about 24.5.

The hybrid regen braking gives you about 3/10th of a g's worth of deceleration net result extending the life of the factory brakes to about 85K

24.5 MPG is not savings the world of sure, but for a large vehicle its extremely fast quiet and cheap running. Would buy again.

UD

I wonder if the MZ/GR engined hybrids hold up better to oil ring coking unlike the Prius/Camry Hybrid is prone to. Toyota put more of a "performance" emphasis on these - I'm thinking it will spin the engine more.

M1HM and a new PCV valve did help some with my oil consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back