Lets talk about Bourbon

I went to the Nellis AFB BX on my annual pilgrimage hoping to find they still had Knob Creek 1.75L on sale. Alas, it was no more. But I did find an Elijah Craig 1.75L and a couple of Booker's single barrel 750ml bottles.

I couldn't believe what has happened to the price of single malt Scotch. Balvenie Double Wood 12 year old has trippled in price from when I used to buy it. Dalmore 15 year old was $122 for 750ml. The bottle of Dalmore 21 year old my wife gave me years ago is going from the closet into the safe.

I used to get Balvenie Doublewood at Trader Joe's for $30. The 25% US tariff for Scotch whisky is over, but the prices are still high. I used to think that $40 for Lagavulin 16 was a lot.

I went to the Nellis AFB BX on my annual pilgrimage hoping to find they still had Knob Creek 1.75L on sale. Alas, it was no more. But I did find an Elijah Craig 1.75L and a couple of Booker's single barrel 750ml bottles.

I couldn't believe what has happened to the price of single malt Scotch. Balvenie Double Wood 12 year old has trippled in price from when I used to buy it. Dalmore 15 year old was $122 for 750ml. The bottle of Dalmore 21 year old my wife gave me years ago is going from the closet into the safe.
Bourbon has been the hot ticket for awhile. I think scotch is the big popular thing building now.

I used to get Balvenie Doublewood at Trader Joe's for $30. The 25% US tariff for Scotch whisky is over, but the prices are still high. I used to think that $40 for Lagavulin 16 was a lot.
I remember getting a bottle for $70 and now they are usually around $100.

Knocked this out last weekend with a friend really enjoyed

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_142610200.jpg
    IMG_20230714_142610200.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 9
Son in law was traveling through NY and brought me these 2 bottles this weekend. As I stated in earlier posts not much of a bourbon drinker but it was pretty good, the single malt was outstanding.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 17
Crown XO and Coke. Later it was Crown XO and Lemonade. Later it was wife telling me I had enough and turn the PlayStation 5 off and go to sleep 😴. She has hit menopause so everything is drastically changing.

Attachments

• 20230904_191214.jpg
    20230904_191214.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 8
Was able to complete the set today. Ordered the Octomore 14.2 and 14.3. Now, just waiting for this years Black Art release and then the 4th Octomore release which should come early next year. Might be 14.4 or maybe a 10yr.

Found a bottle of Octomore 10.3 (wasn't looking for it, just found my accident). The owner of the shop had 2. Figured if I liked it, I would pick up the other bottle. Well, a few hours later, he raised the price by $157. I guess I won't be getting that second bottle.

Old Forester 1920. had to drive about 1100 kilometers round trip to Burlington Vermont to get a bottle. we simply d'ont have many good Bourbons in my province. i have spotted bottles of Elijah Craig barrel proof and Larceny barrel proof in New Hampshire. i will certainly go on a trip to get some bottles.

Back