Let’s pick my oil…

But no BITOG street cred/points for using HPL which easily trumps using M1.
BITOGers every time someone posts HPL in the latest oil change thread…

Attachments

• IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 24
M1 will allow engine life barring quality control or parts failure beyond your ownership of the vehicle

Years ago it was Pennzoil and Valvoline oil thickener.
People do tend to follow trends. In all seriousness though HPL seems like top natch group. They have willingly answered questions for me and others. If I was still modifying and racing cars, I would definitely use their products. It just doesn’t make sense for my current applications or purposes.

2020 Honda Passport EX-L
Modern Steel Metallic/Black
Factory Fill/Filter
(according to your Signature)....
You are still running factory-fill in your Honda???

Your 2023 Acadia 2.0T Owners Manual recommends Dexos 1 Gen 3 oils. That's a No-Go Now?
Lastly, before you jumped to 5w30, have you ever considered the thicker 0w20 Euro oils?
Amsoil produces two..... one thin - one thicker in 0w20. HPL probably does also.

Your 2023 Acadia 2.0T Owners Manual recommends Dexos 1 Gen 3 oils. That's a No-Go Now?
Lastly, before you jumped to 5w30, have you ever considered the thicker 0w20 Euro oils?
Amsoil produces two..... one thin - one thicker in 0w20. HPL probably does also.
Thick or thin 20 it’s still a 20 the 30 will combat fuel better if it is a issue no other way but to go up in grade.

Yeah…4 year old vehicle with factory fill. Some reasoning might lead one to believe I no longer have this vehicle.

I never said D1G3 is a no go. I asked for input. Thanks.

Back