Leaving money in vehicles .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave NOTHING in sight.

I don't even like leaving my Sun-Glasses and Garage Door Opener in sight.

When I park in a large parking lot (Wal-Mart),
I park where I can view my vehicle from a distance / never behind a larger vehicle.

Not much in my car, and certainly not money. My cars live outside (no room inside the triple garage for cars) but they are in the back yard, ones in the front yard are outside my bedroom - if they knock on my window and ask for help pushing it down the road I might wake up. Not a good area, but as usual with such communities, they don't hit locals as much as more well of areas.

Parking on the road here is not a good idea. I once loaned a car to a friend of a daughter when she was having a rough patch, and she lives in one of the worst areas in NZ. She came out one morning and all the cars on both sides of the street had their rear screens smashed. I felt a bit mean asking for the car back the same as she got it, seeing as it was not worth much...but she did. That was 15 years ago, and no harm done to the friendship, my daughter has just spent the weekend camping with her and her family.

Originally Posted By: sleepery
I am not sure where and when they went missing because they were in there for months .
The doors stay locked and only times it has been unlocked was outdoors at service waiting to be picked up at two different places.

Bingo ... any opportunity to swipe some case is tempting to many. If you're going to keep cash in the car for emergency purposes, make it bills and hide it someplace in the trunk where only you know where it is.

There was an LA Fitness near where I worked that office workers headed to gym were leaving their work laptops and briefcases in their car. There was a rash of break ins and people stealing stuff.

Why leave it in plain sight for crooks to see ?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I keep change in my ash tray and sometimes a couple dollars as well.

I do also. So far when I get my Tahoe back from the dealer and car wash everything is still there.

Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE

I do also. So far when I get my Tahoe back from the dealer and car wash everything is still there.

offtopic but I just noticed that your username is FORD4LIFE but you now drive a Chevy
smile.gif

Back in the mid 80's my mom accidentally left her purse in the family Volvo while running in to get something.
She ended up not going back out to the car and left her purse in the car with all the windows rolled down and doors unlocked.

The next day she looked all over the house and finally found the purse in the car where she left it. Nothing was touched.
This was particularly amazing since we lived in a pretty rough part of town at the time.

I had my Escape parked behind my house and accidentally left it unlocked all day.
I came home to find the door slightly ajar and everything in my center console gone.
The strange thing is they never went in the glove box and missed a large maglite and some other small items,also some change in plain view in the cup holder was left. We have never had a problem in 32 years here, I don't even lock my garage sometimes.

Who needs banks to deposit money for safe keeping or safety deposit boxes to safeguard important papers when instead you can just store your cash and important papers in your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back