Least favorite firearm, and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
My dad gave me a HI-POINT 9mm that he bought at a pawn shop. He goes to the big city to look for magazines and misc. gun parts at pawn shops. He paid $100 for it. It's ugly, has alot of FTF and FTE. I don't even shoot it anymore. It makes a great paper weight.

I just came from Harbor Freight. They've got a sale on step ladders. I thought I would mention it, just in case anyone is interested in measuring the bore axis on their Hi-Point.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
Back in the 90s I BRIEFLY owned an imported compact 1911, sort of a budget Officers ACP...that thing threw hot brass all over the place, including down my shirt. I envisioned dressing it up with 1911 parts, but when I discovered that the holes for the grip screws weren't even in the right place, I gave up on it and traded it off.

Was it a Spanish Llama?

I don't recall...I'm thinking Spanish or Brazilian?!? It had an external extractor, that's all I really recall about it.

870 express, hate them. Cause they aren't a wingmaster. Remington make them so cheap now I'd rather have a Mossberg 500. On the other hand everyone is crazy about the ruger 10/22 and im not crazy about them although i own two,but I prefer the Remington 597.

Originally Posted By: Sealbilly
870 express, hate them. Cause they aren't a wingmaster. Remington make them so cheap now I'd rather have a Mossberg 500.

I agree with your comments on the Express. It seems the guys who like them, are usually the one's who use the Express as a base receiver to rebuild the entire gun into something much better by applying aftermarket parts. So they end up replacing half the parts in it anyway. Or else they flat out don't care, and want the cheapest 870 they can possibly get their hands on.

While the receivers are the same both technically and dimensionally, the Express receivers are much rougher, and do not receive anywhere near the degree of fit, finish, deburring, and polish the Wingmaster and Police receivers do. If you're going to tear apart and rebuild the entire gun, this doesn't matter. But if you are going to use the weapon as it comes from the box, you are much better off purchasing a Police or a Wingmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back