Least favorite firearm, and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 that has fallen apart twice at the range and had at least 6 stovepipes on the same ammo the G19 gen3 wll run easily. Gunsmith says its good to go now after a couple new parts but we have trust issues and I have put it in indefinite time out.

I no longer have it, but the Remington 7400 Carbine (30-06) my Dad gave me never fit right or was way to light. It's still the only firearm I've fired that bruised me. I traded it in a few years back for a shotgun for my son (which fits him).

My old Walther PPK was stove piping piece of junk.

second my longslide 45 AMT hardballer.

UD

Last edited:
Old Remmy model 30 in 257 Bob. Steel butt plate, bad sloping stock, real cheek buster
frown.gif

Put same action in a straight-line stock and it would be a puddy tat
smile.gif

But that old rifle would pop you hard enough to bruise. Had to work to get down on the irons ...

Somebody thought enough of it to give me $900 - Gone
laugh.gif

Last edited:
oops forgot the description on the hardballer.

it was incredibly inconsistent - it would go through a clip no problem them jam for no reason sam clip same ammo.

Totally and utterly unreliable firearm

UD

Had (sold) a Walther PPK/S that just didn't fit my hand. Couldn't get through a box of .380 without my hand aching from the way the metal backstrap banged into my hand. I tried a high grip and a low grip and everything in between. Nothing worked. Wasn't worth it to me to keep that one.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Don't have one I don't like, if I don't like them, I sell them.

I am thinking the same thing.
I went through alot of guns that had issues or I had issues with and I traded them or sold them. Why would you own a gun you hate.
Don't understand the guy that I hate this gun but it's not for sale. Like being with a woman you don't like.

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
My dad gave me a HI-POINT 9mm that he bought at a pawn shop. He goes to the big city to look for magazines and misc. gun parts at pawn shops. He paid $100 for it. It's ugly, has alot of FTF and FTE. I don't even shoot it anymore. It makes a great paper weight.

I'll give you $75 bucks for it

I'l give you $50!

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Don't have one I don't like, if I don't like them, I sell them.

I am thinking the same thing.
I went through alot of guns that had issues or I had issues with and I traded them or sold them. Why would you own a gun you hate.
Don't understand the guy that I hate this gun but it's not for sale. Like being with a woman you don't like.

The reason we have the Model 37A is that my wife inherited it from her dad. And that is why we will keep it.

My dad gave me a HI-POINT 9mm that he bought at a pawn shop. He goes to the big city to look for magazines and misc. gun parts at pawn shops. He paid $100 for it. It's ugly, has alot of FTF and FTE. I don't even shoot it anymore. It makes a great paper weight.
]
I said that my dad gave it to me. I didn't buy it. He was punishing me for using the same oil filter twice for another oil change.
Well all Glocks are not to bad. I like the G23 made in Gen 2. My step brother has one. I wish Glock still made them like they did back then. I think it came out when I was born, 1987. I also own a AR556, M&P 2.0 40 caliber, and a S&W 5906.

Originally Posted By: jhMalibu
Had (sold) a Walther PPK/S that just didn't fit my hand. Couldn't get through a box of .380 without my hand aching from the way the metal backstrap banged into my hand. I tried a high grip and a low grip and everything in between. Nothing worked. Wasn't worth it to me to keep that one.

The famous " Walther Burn" - oh yeah ....... and that. PPK was same way.

The guns look great - but ergonomically don't work.

I conclude if James bond got in any real trouble hed be dead pretty quick with that pile.

Im back to a modded sp101 as an everyday piece.

UD

I had a Llama Comanche .357 revolver. Beautiful gun. Felt so nice. Could not hit the inside of a barn standing in it. Took it to a guy that said he could shoot it in, probably a sight issue.
Said he put it in a vise and still couldn't get a group out of it. Had to be bad barrel rifling. Traded it for a Luger.

]
I said that my dad gave it to me. I didn't buy it. He was punishing me for using the same oil filter twice for another oil change.
Well all Glocks are not to bad. I like the G23 made in Gen 2. My step brother has one. I wish Glock still made them like they did back then. I think it came out when I was born, 1987. I also own a AR556, M&P 2.0 40 caliber, and a S&W 5906.

That 5906 is a great pistol. Well-made. All steel. Reliable. Accurate. Durable.

Not my first choice for daily carry as it weighs a ton, but I did carry one in my flight gear during Operation Desert Storm. That weight was a comfort as it rode in a custom made holster. Two spare magazines were in my gear as well.

First gun I ever bought. Still have it.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Taurus PT111 G2 pistol in 9mm, with it's junk dual trigger system (SA/DA)

I guess I'll find out soon if this is true. I am expecting to get one for free because of the Taurus Carter settlement.

I have a H&R revolver model 732 chambered in .32 S&W long. It is a weak round, short barrel, not that accurate. Not much fun to shoot. But it was my grandfathers gun. He carried it at his business, so it has sentimental value.

Last edited:
My 4 digit serial # Colt Python. It never felt comfortable in my hand...believe me this is my fault because I saw a S&W competitive shooter do wonders with it.. double action to boot. My favorite...Model 19-3 S&W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back