Lay Z Boy recliner vs Flexsteel

I’m looking for a power, leather, rocking recliner. We replaced a 17 year old Lay Z Boy with Flexsteel. We aren’t happy with it, it make quite a bit of noise when it rocks. I want to return it and get my money back but the wife wants to exchange it so it matches the rest of the furniture. The store has already replaced the chair once.

Interesting. I have Flexsteel sofas and a rocker/recliner and find they are the best quality we’ve found for the money. Maybe things are changing with them.

Lazy Boys quality has went the wrong way.We had them for years.I upgraded to a Fjords,it is a Norwegian based company.High end quality,I am more than pleased.I like the two power buttons,by your right hip instead of Stressful's,I mean Stressless,I bad,they have 4 buttons o the outside of the chair. Confusing and inconvenient.My sister had Lazy Boys for years,bought two new ones,had the sevice department out within a month.I'm very happy,her very upset

La-Z-Boy is a horrible recliner. Poor quality.
I made a local furniture company pick up my 1 week old La-Z-Boy and exchange with a Flexsteel.
I’m happy with the Flexsteel. My doesn’t rock or wobble.
If you like sitting in a hole and the creaking and popping of the mechanism, then by all means buy a La-Z-Boy.

I feel that La-Z-Boy has taken a real dive in quality. Bought a LB recliner and it just fell apart in no time. We now have two Flexsteel recliners and are very happy with them.

I failed to mention that the power feature is great.I had some major surgery and had to sleep in my chair.The power feature gave so may different adjustments to get comfortable,and slowly getting straightening back up.You think about that old fashioned LB,flipping that lever,hearing that cracking noise,flipping you up and forward.Gawd no,not me

La-Z-Boy is a horrible recliner. Poor quality.
I made a local furniture company pick up my 1 week old La-Z-Boy and exchange with a Flexsteel.
I’m happy with the Flexsteel. My doesn’t rock or wobble.
If you like sitting in a hole and the creaking and popping of the mechanism, then by all means buy a La-Z-Boy.
That’s EXACTLY the problem we’re have with the Flexsteel. The service guy replaced the mechanism on the first one twice before we demanded a replacement. The replacement has the same issue

That’s EXACTLY the problem we’re have with the Flexsteel. The service guy replaced the mechanism on the first one twice before we demanded a replacement. The replacement has the same issue
I have an electric wall hugger. It’s doesn’t have a rocking feature. The electric mechanism is way more beefy than the former La-Z-Boy. With the La-Z-Boy, it felt as my butt was inside of a 5 gallon bucket.
I’m not a fan of rocker recliners.
I doubt that you will be happy with a La-Z-Boy. Their quality has fallen off badly.
Here is the chair that I ended up with.

Last edited:
We have an England sectional with one end having a chase lounge, plus an England chair and ottoman. Lay-Z-Boy owns England Furniture. We ordered and waited 4 months for the furniture. We optioned for the additional frame coils and cushion coils. My wife's spot is the chase section and when family comes over, they want the chase section, too.

Back